Waving a Howdy from Mountain Home!

Options
babybs
babybs Posts: 48 Member
Hey fellow Texans. New to MFP as of yesterday and just floating around the site to see what I find.

I'm from a tiny town about 100 miles NW of San Antonio called Mountain Home. Because I live so far from (a) town and in the boonies its hard to get motivated to do much of anything. Can't even go for a walk, the terrain (rocks and more rocks) make it almost impossible to get any traction or speed without twisting an ankle and then there's the rattlesnakes...So, to not just sit and hum the blues, I've joined up here for my motivation and inspiration.

Looking forward to hearing from some of my "neighbors" here.

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Houston. If you can't walk outside, do you have a treadmill?
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Houston. If you can't walk outside, do you have a treadmill?

No, unfortunately. We have a small home and a while back hubby bought "us" an elliptical machine but I have a darn gone hard time with that one. I've been doing Leslie Sansone walking DVD's and I bought Zumba DVD's but still learning those.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in SA. With the heat and humidity, I tend to work out at home. I have a few dvd programs that I use.

This is a great site. Lots of motivation going around.