Wedding Date and Weight Goal

Options
utcalgirl
utcalgirl Posts: 12 Member
My wedding is on Sept. 15th and I am hoping to lose 20 lbs. So far I've lost 4lbs!!!!

Replies

• Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    September 22nd and my goal is 20lbs by then! How long are you waiting to dress shop?
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am getting married Sept 15th to the Love of my life!!! I cannot wait. My dress is mermaid so I am just trying to tone my stomach. I dont really have a number of pounds to lose. I just want to feel comfortable in my wedding dress and continue the life of excersizing after we get married.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sept. 15 here too! My goal was to lose 18 pounds. I've lost 12 and have 6 more to go! The next couple of months will be busy at work (great timing...) so I'm going to have to stay focused!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Sept. 15 here too! My goal was to lose 18 pounds. I've lost 12 and have 6 more to go! The next couple of months will be busy at work (great timing...) so I'm going to have to stay focused!

Awesome!!! Way to lose 12 pounds. You are 3/4 done. Only 6 more to go. Wow, great job, keep it up!!!!
  • hark15
    Options

Awesome!!! Way to lose 12 pounds. You are 3/4 done. Only 6 more to go. Wow, great job, keep it up!!!!

Thanks!! I have a feeling these last 6 are going to be the toughest... Need to really start focusing on healthier eating choices and I'm going to try to gradually increase the minutes of workout time I put in each week over the next couple of months...
  • utcalgirl
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs. as of today. I have 9 lbs to go and with 3 months left until the wedding I am super motivated :) My fitting is in August and I can't wait to see how I am going to look in the dress with a slimmer body.
  • utcalgirl
    Options
    It can take 8-6 months to get a dress in from the designer. If you rush your dress you'll have to pay extra or you can buy off the rack. I picked mine out in December. It came in April/May.
  • hark15
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs. as of today. I have 9 lbs to go and with 3 months left until the wedding I am super motivated :) My fitting is in August and I can't wait to see how I am going to look in the dress with a slimmer body.

Wow! You are doing fabulous :) I have a similar amount to go and time. I will probably do my fitting two weeks before the wedding - so late August. 2 and 1/2 months to lose the weight - about 6 or 7 pounds to go with a lot of the focus on toning. But with the weight in my hips and stomach I know I need to burn the fat to see results!
  • utcalgirl
    Options
    I have an early August first fitting as well. My dress is form fitting and I am bottom heavy so I am trying to work out the lower body a lot. Since it is strapless I've been toning my arms. I always see results faster in my upper body. I am going to start crossfit in 2 weeks. I am hoping that kicks everything up a bit.

The website for the crossfit gym mentions that you should be able to do a hand stand push up in a few weeks of starting :S that seems a bit hard core. We'll see.