How often do you crossfit?

Options
2»

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I was going 5 days a week prior to my surgery, but since I've downgraded to 3 days a week, but starting a 4th (private lesson) in order to perfect my squat form. I'll likely add a 5th day for open gym on Sundays
  • carolyndoris
    Options
    I crossfit 4-5 days per week depending on my work schedule. I like to go to the morning classes because it pumps me up for the rest of the day. I like to take one day off in the middle of the week just to allow myself time for recovery. I am finding I don't need as much time to recover as my body is getting used to being more active. I do most of the WODs scaled because I am still building up my strength.
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    I hit the box 6 days a week...

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Hybrid MetCons

Tuesday, Thursday: Olympic Lifting and Squats

Saturday: Light Form Work and a Bodyweight WOD ("Room Service", "Cindy" are my two go-too's)

I also swim and do some light cycling to work out the muscles. If I don't do a little extra something, I get sore.

EDIT: I almost never do the WOD's as Rx'ed (I drop weight, not reps). If I did, I'm sure I would need days off. I'm also a smaller guy who is more focused on speed than brute strength.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late being back at the party, but thank you all for your responses. For now I think I will aim to hit 4 times a week. :) Once summer is over and school starts back again I will probably go more as my college is a 5 min drive away from the box as opposed to a 25 min drive from my house :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i do crossfit 4-5 times a week, run 2-3 times, and do zumba or spinning 2-3 times a week. That ends up being one or two two-a-days and one complete rest day. When I first started, I was only able to go 2-3 times because I was so sore, but the body adapts quickly and now I enjoying going as much as possible. I do take an entire week off of everything every month or so.

I live right behind my box (its a 1 minute drive or 4 minute walk) and am highly obsessed with it! Even while on vacation, I was crossfitting!
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I started I used to do 2 on 1 off. Now I do Monday thru Friday and I try for one (or on occasion 2 days) of the weekend depending on my plans. I try to get in a rest day and for the most part I do usually get it on the weekends.

Good luck!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I Crossfit 3x's a week and run 3 or 4 times a week.
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    3x per week, plan to get an unlimited membership in the fall. Summer is so busy.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. 3 on 1 off 3 on.
  • MizKey84
    MizKey84 Posts: 4
    Options
    I go to crossfit 4 days a week and run/walk 7 miles two days a week. I take one day off a week.