New to MFP

Options
Hello fellow Bees!

I'm new to the MFP group, and I'd love some encouragement/motivation/venting pals, etc.
I'm getting married in November, and the one thing I want more than anything is to not be proud of my wedding photos, not embarrassed. When I first started dating my now-fiance, I was a size 4-6 and weighed 140. This past winter, tipped the scales at 174 and could barely button a size 10. The funny thing about gaining weight, you still feel like that thinner person, and things like seeing yourself in photos, or not fitting in your clothes often comes as a shock. I've managed to drop about 10 lbs, but I've severely plateaued and have lost my willpower and motivation- it's time to change that and get back on track!

When is your wedding date and what are your goals?

Replies

• Ivythorn
    Ivythorn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I so understand the not seeing yourself in current photos. For me it is made worse by my in-laws asking who that is is when they see pictures of me at my normal weight. My goal is to drop 2 dress sizes, it won't put me at "my normal 3/4" but I think it may find me at my new normal 5/6. Right now I'm hanging out at 8/10. I'm trying to focus more on toning than losing, so I better get to the activity as of late I'm watching my food pretty well but not exercising enough.
  • missnarwhal
    missnarwhal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I feel like that skinny person but I am not a size 4/6 anymore. My wedding is not until 2013 but I need a lifestyle change because I do not want to be a size 10 anymore. It is not even about the SIZE it is about the feeling I have. I have a feeling I am not losing the hips I have so if I am a healthy fit sie 10 then great but as of right now, I do not feel that way.
  • blackqueen82
    Options
    I'm trying to get back to my old normal size of 4/6 as well. My wedding is on 5/27/13 and I at least want to be within a normal BMI range. When I started my weight loss journey my BMI was in the obese range but now is down to overweight. I'm thrilled because at least that is something. I've been on a ton of "happy weight" since being with my FI and going to nursing school . The stress of school and the fun of the romance has made eating into an all out full-time hobby. I use to be active but my FI is more on the lazy side and also very thin. It's been a bad combo.

Now I have our eating under control and have started slowly to exercise but it's time to step it up so I can reach my goals before the wedding.