Turbo Fire Confessions Part 2

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
Ok, so I have been faithfull to working out and doing the Turbo Fire programs, but I do have to confess, I am NOT following the last two weeks faithfully. For the most part, I do the workouts, but not all. For example, after Fire 60...who the heck has energy to even do Abs 10??? Or after HIIT 30 (which is INSANE) who can even think about doing Sculpt 30, Tone, or even Lower 30????

I also decide on somedays that I want to do different workouts than what is scheduled.

What are some of your recent Turbo Confessions?

Replies

• sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    while i stopped doing TF a long time ago (it was KILLING MY KNEES!) I do the same with insanity. I don't like the recovery days so, i'll either do a HIIT 15/CORE or I'll just do a different Insanity. My thinking on this is: we are DOING SOMETHING.. which is more than we did before we started the program. right? We are moving, and being healthy, I don't think it matters what we do as long as we are doing SOMETHING.. :)
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    With Fire 45 EZ by the time you get to the "brush your shoulders" part my legs are tired, so I sometimes take a water break and don't put my hands up when you are doing the kick your feet out move - not sure what its called. Lol!
  • JulieKetchup
    JulieKetchup Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My biggest turbo fire confession is that I will rework the schedule to fit MY schedule.We have recently moved across the country and for some reason people want to keep visiting. Although I love the visitors, I feel goofy doing turbo fire while they are around and either have to replace the workouts with running or have to rework them when the visitors are gone to sort of catch back up. This often involves missing break day and I'm not sure if this is a bad thing.
  • JulieKetchup
    Options
    With Fire 45 EZ by the time you get to the "brush your shoulders" part my legs are tired, so I sometimes take a water break and don't put my hands up when you are doing the kick your feet out move - not sure what its called. Lol!

Yeah I feel beat at that time too...instead of doing the jack after brushing your shoulders, I do squats and that leaves me with enough energy to do that weird feet kicking move.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was great with the schedule for about 4 weeks. Now I sort of do what I want. I am not a big fan of the tone, sculpt, and ab DVDs. I mainly wake up at 4:30--pop in a TF DVD and go. To be honest I have not attempted the TF 60. I have to be to work by 7 and the TF 45 (which is my favorite) often makes me a little late--so I can't imagine 60 min.
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    mY Turbo Fire confession......... I Never do the stretch 15...I know, i know, but really?? !!! Its just not my favorite part. and.... sometimes during Fire 45, I dont do the last HIIT workout, or atleast not the jumps. My legs are sore by then. :blushing: I am on round two of turbo fire and actually thinking about switching it up with something else. Not that its boring, but ummmmjust ready for something else. Y'kno...whew guilty conscious cleared. Thanks TF hotties
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So I had a couple of glasses of wine on Saturday evening, and after two whole hours I was falling over during Stretch 40! I may be a semi-lightweight, but I think officers should definitely use that workout as part of the field sobriety tests hahahha!
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    "

The exact same thing happens to me, and I'm pretty sure even Chalene Johnson gets exhausted once they move to the next move b/c she kind of loses her voice and also you can hear Monica's voice motivating the crew. Pay attention to that lol :P sorry I'm a turbo nerd
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    "

The exact same thing happens to me, and I'm pretty sure even Chalene Johnson gets exhausted once they move to the next move b/c she kind of loses her voice and also you can hear Monica's voice motivating the crew. Pay attention to that lol :P sorry I'm a turbo nerd

Yep and I swear the 2nd time you do this combo she extends it longer than you are supposed to. You can hear the music quiet down but then she's like keep going and the music gets louder again. Lol!
  • JulieKetchup
    Options
    "

Yep and I swear the 2nd time you do this combo she extends it longer than you are supposed to. You can hear the music quiet down but then she's like keep going and the music gets louder again. Lol!

Definitely noticed this too.....you can here not only Monica shouting stuff but the rest of the class too. The only video I've noticed so far where Chalean loses her energy! I was really surprised the first time I did it!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just started, I don't follow their meal plan and I definitely "cheat" while doing the videos meaning I do what I can and I do give it my all but I'm still learning the moves so there are some moves I get a bit lost at.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    "

Definitely noticed this too.....you can here not only Monica shouting stuff but the rest of the class too. The only video I've noticed so far where Chalean loses her energy! I was really surprised the first time I did it!

Hysterical, now I want to do the video to check!!!
  • myblckizbeautiful03
    Options
    Hi all!!! I've decided to do week four over because I felt as though I didnt give it my all so now im on week 5. The bad thing about it is out of the whole program I only did stretch 40 once and I just said forget sculpt and tone. I know I should be doing sculpt and tone because of the jelly arms. I just cant get into it like everything else.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I always do the sculpt work out first then cardio part. And I have yet to do stretch 40 lmao and I'm on month 4.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I never do core 20 and stretch 40! I turn it into a 5 day a week program and sometimes switch them around. I have the calendar printed and just cross them off as they get done. Probably not the most efficient way to do it, but its working well for me!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I never do stretch 10, stretch 40, core 20 ,abs 10, sculpt 30 & tone 30 EVER.

I'm doing a combination of TF/CLX & half marathon training, so I pretty much axe out anything I don't want to do with the program, and supplement with something else! It's working for me :)
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    I just finished the 12 weeks {I don't have the fire 60 or HIIT 30 DVDs.. etc}. My last week and a half I kind of did my own thing. I LOVE Fire 45 EZ. That's probly my favorite one out of all of them and I noticed myself skipping what was on the schedule and popping in the 45 EZ.

I am about to do another 12 week round of TF but I think im going to just follow my own schedule and rotate the workouts/DVD's out how I want them.
  • musicow2
    musicow2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never, ever do Stretch 40. I can't handle it, I just can't stand the slow moving yoga type moves. I need to move. I like to stretch, but I like normal stretches, none of this downward dog stuff.

And...I have to admit that I HATE using bands for resistance training. I used to use TheFIRM workouts for years so when the calendar calls for the Tone or Sculpt workout, I pop in one of my FIRM workouts instead, skipping through any cardio segments if I need to.

I absolutely ADORE Chalene though, and TurboFire is crazy fun. Once I'm done with the 90 days and I have enough money to buy some heavier hand weights, I want to get Chalene Extreme and start on the hybrid.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I never do stretch 10 or 40. 10 is just boring and I rarely have time to do 40 after the actual workout itself anyway. I randomly stretch throughout the day so I'm hoping that makes up for it:)

I also will also occasionally swap out exercises if time doesn't allow. Like in a couple days I have hitt 20 and then sculpt 30 or something. If I can't squeeze in both, I'll cross of whatever I do get done and get the other done at some point during the week.

I normally don't mind the bands but I might try using free weights on some of the moves if I ink it'll have the same effect.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel foolish doing the shake your body parts so generally do jumping jacks or something else. Turbofire has helped me with my cordination but I still can't keep up with all the choreogrpahy and I am now on Week 5. Chalean is always saying just keep moving so I figure as long as I am doing something to keep my heartrate up I am ok. I also love when she says "don't worry if you are doing it right for pete's sakes just do something!"