Inspiring Story while TTC

Options
My cousin who is over 40 just got married, her and her husband started almost immediately trying to get pregnant. While she doesnt have PCOS she was past the recommended age, a bit on the heavy side and has Von Willebrand disease which can be hazardous for her health. After only a year of herbal remedies, and two failed IVF she got pregnant on the third and is now 20 weeks pregnant. For someone like me who has been trying for a bit and has PCOS, issues with irregular periods and weight gain it makes me hopeful that I too will be able to conceive and have children with my husband. Thankfully I am trying now so as to ensure that I do not encounter problems down the road, but having PCOS means I will never be out of the woods until I have a happy healthy baby in my arms.

Replies

• PrincessShay135
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing the story. Just think of all the great hand me downs you will get from your cousin for your own baby now! I struggle to be motivated by success stories instead of jealous, so thanks for a pointer in the right direction.
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    I am the same way. All my friends who get pregnant just by thinking of it make me so jealous but with my cousin its a different situation. She worked very hard just like I am so it feels different to me. More like a 'Well if she can do it then so can I!'