How is everyone doing so far?

Options
ddiana21
ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
Just wondering how everyone is doing? Its the middle of the week and im doing good so far, but terrified that the weekend is coming. I usually do good on the weekdays and go downhill on the weekends. Adding to that I have a couple of graduation parties, my daughters birthday, and fathers day all this weekend..which = to lots of food..hope I can through this weekend..

Replies

• drotarthebarbarian
    drotarthebarbarian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There are food temptations everywhere. Don't deny yourself, just remember portion control is EVERYTHING. Best of luck!

Today, I completed the first workout in the Tapout XT program. I've been getting over a virus & using that as an excuse for not jumping in. Today though I did not stop until it was over. Had to modify a bit since I am not physically capable of doing, say, a high side plank for more than some seconds (yet :-)). Very proud of myself! Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks..I will try my best..no I will not try I am going to do it:). Hope you feel better and great job on your workout..I'm sure u will do great tomorrow as well.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well.... I gotta remember to eat. Things get so crazy at work that the day is almost over before I realize I didn't eat lunch or snack or anything. I've got to be moved by the 25th. They can't get the flooring put in my new house til next week, so.... moving what I can before and then it will be a mad dash to get rest move next weekend. I will be so glad when this is over! I'll still have work to do at the house, but the majority will be done. By then almost everything will be new or at least painted and look new. So, my exercise has been painting, moving, cleaning, putting up sheetrock, and more cleaning.
  • PamelaWba
    PamelaWba Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good so far. I slacked of just a bit last night. But i picked things right back up and just got back from jogging this morning. I know what you mean about this weekend. We are having a cookout at my house for fathers day and it's going to be hard!. But we can get through this, as suggested i will try portioning:)
  • LetsGetIt76
    Options
    Tempted, but not broken. I've been trying to prepare most of my meals 3 - 4 days in advance to help. If I've already cooked it, and it's there, and all I have to do is heat it up, I'm less likely to make a poor food choice on the way home. Physically, I think my body is craving all the sugary, fatty food I had been eating. I'm hoping that feeling goes away soon. Mentally, I'm focused and committed, not just to a temporary diet, but to hopefully to a complete lifestyle change.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ben working my butt off so far! Actually, I'm down a pound from two days ago :). But as you said, it's almost the weekend, so we'll see. I'm hoping this weekend comes with better food choices, I'm shopping tonight for this weekend (or at least making a list), so hopefully I'll think of some things we can bring to the boat that will be healthy and filling... because the pringles are my downfall. :). Good luck on your weekend full of parties, I'm sure you'll do good!
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, I went over my calorie limit yesterday for no good reason. I just ate a larger portion of protein than I ever eat! Those few bites at lunch and at dinner really added up. I didn't like seeing that red -number.

On a good note, I upped my the intensity on my walking program. I'm 12 weeks into a 56-week walking program wherein I walk 6 days a week. The first few weeks were just walking out the door for 5 minutes, then turning around and walking back 5. When I got up to easily walking 20 minutes, it was time to add some challenge.

Yesterday I began upping the "level" so that I am walking a bell curve. That is walking 1/3 of the time at my normal pace, 1/3 of the time as if I had to get somewhere in a hurry, then 1/3 of the time in a cool off period (which is still faster than the first 1/3 :)

Wow! do my legs hurt! But the rest of my body is doing fine.

I'm going to figure my food calories before fixing my plate from now on. Don't want to be in the red.
  • cprys8942
    cprys8942 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I need to eat more too. It's difficult though because since I can't do cardio for another few days I feel like I should be eating as little as possible!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    So far, so good for me. I've been hitting the gym every day since Monday, doing cardio all days (elliptical machine, treadmill, stairstepper) and started using weight machines every other day. The scale is my friend right now! Woo!! Come on, Monday!! Bring it on!!
  • shea14shea
    shea14shea Posts: 18
    Options
    So far so good for me. I was able to move my belt back another another notch last night, so that was exciting. I don't have a scale, so I have to go weigh myself to see. Keeping my calories under and keeping up with exercise, although I'd like to push myself a lot further in that department. I know what you guys mean about the weekends. That is where I always have trouble too, especially Sunday because that's my hubbys only day off and we are either going all day and eating out or resting all day and snacking.
  • mathe306
    mathe306 Posts: 12
    Options
    I can honestly say this is the best I have felt in over a year. Just eating right and exercising every day has made my mental health better by 100%. I am looking for a little more support and only have a few friends, so if you are in need of some support send me a request! My fit pal is such a great tool and I wish I found it sooner :)
  • shea14shea
    shea14shea Posts: 18
    Options
    Okay, so I finally weighed myself, I have lost 2 more pounds, yay. I am keeping everything within my guidlines and exercising everyday, but even though I am keeping my calories under, I haven't been eating the best food (380 calorie fried fish-fil-a anyone?). I finally went grocery shopping, so hopefully adding more fruits and veggies will help boost my weight loss for the next week!
  • drotarthebarbarian
    drotarthebarbarian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I finally weighed myself, I have lost 2 more pounds, yay. I am keeping everything within my guidlines and exercising everyday, but even though I am keeping my calories under, I haven't been eating the best food (380 calorie fried fish-fil-a anyone?). I finally went grocery shopping, so hopefully adding more fruits and veggies will help boost my weight loss for the next week!

Fiber & water help me tons. At the very least, it gets rid of the gargage.

Oh, and I had a Big Mac last Saturday. Not gonna stress :-)
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay so far, I've kept to a routine with breakfast and lunch but I went over my calories on dinner twice this week but I had a low calorie day yesterday to compensate.

I lost 2.4Ibs this week:smile: I think drinking loads of water really helped to keep me hydrate and feeling full. Next week I'm back to the gym and hitting the tread mill so I can lose some more, get fitter and looked more toned before my 30th :sad:
  • FlyingNunley
    FlyingNunley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    3/5ths of my week were good. I fought off a cold on Tuesday - Thursday and let myself slip. I lost .7 lbs this week. Keep on going!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3.5 lbs since last Sunday. Wow! The scale is my friend for the first time in my life, and I attribute that to this site being so very helpful to me. The encouragement from the friends I've made helps, too. Just knowing that if I goof up, someone can see, makes a big difference in my eating choices. I have faith that over time these choices will become habit.
  • Brendawalsh84
    Options
    Well I did pretty well doing the week. But the weekend was pretty rough with too much alcohol and food. Now I need to get back on track!
  • maoliver1024
    maoliver1024 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so well last week but i'm on track now.:sad:
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    All in all I ended up losing 3.6ilbs last week :happy:

Extremely happy.

I find the weekdays fine but struggle when I'm at home during the weekend. Also sometimes i am going over the daily caloroes as I have fruit to eat e.g mangoes that i don't want to go to waste but have to eat the whole thing on my own.

Fingers crossed for this weeks weigh in though.
  • knightmelanie10
    knightmelanie10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel alot better than I did at the beginning of the month when I started logging in (a decent amount more energy and clothes feel a tiny weensy bit different) and I will do my first weigh in next Monday and I will see what the scale has to say!!