What do you use you empty containers for?

Options
Marne53
Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
I have a shelf full of empty Formula 1 and Protein Drink Mix containers. What do you use yours for?

I have bird seed in one and Lego pieces in another. Can't wait to see what you use your's for.

Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AteeqAkim
    AteeqAkim Posts: 3
    Options
    i use it as a vase for my flower! haha
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both using the protein and shake mixes so we have quite a collection! We both have birds as our classroom pets so we use them to store our bird food at school. I also am on pinterest.com (LOVE that site!!) and have been on a kick of making my own laundry detergent, hand soap, and shower wash so I store what doesn't fit into the bottles I'm using into the Herbalife containers.

I also may use them to put a few potted herbs in.

I've also used them to hold rulers in my classroom and will probably use as storage for other things in the classroom.

I love the idea of using them as vases!!!! I just shared that idea with my husband so we are going to collect enough for each of our students and use them as Mother's Day presents. Our kids will decorate them with Sharpie markers. :)

I can't wait to see what ideas others have, either!!! :smile:
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, never even thought of reusing them!! Probably should not have admitted that!! LOL
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well since I have just received my containers and they are full I will have to wait to figure out something for them. I use old coffee cans in the shed for nails and things so I might use the MTY containers for things in the house and shed..
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We just emptied my first container. Its in the process of being cleaned, but.... How about for sugar, flour, etc! You can decorate the containers too!
  • Marne53
    Options
    I have a couple and had my hubby drill a few holes in them. My granddaughter will draw on them with sharpies and then we will add a small BATTERY tea light...put cover back on and use as a night light for her room.
  • anahiprz
    anahiprz Posts: 9
    Options
    Pinterest is awesome! Just started with Herbalife today but can't wait to do some crafts with the emtpies. Type "reuse containers" on the search window and you will get tons of ideas on how to re use the containers, from tupperware to bird houses!
  • Marne53
    Options
    I'm a big Pinterest follower too. I never thought to check on there though. You will have to let us know what you make and how they look.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I recycle mine, but am going to keep one for my bird seed now! ;-)
  • anahiprz
    Options
    Pin on how to decorate the empty containers.

pinterest.com/pin/179369997629013380/
  • anahiprz
    Options
    oops! apparently the link from that pin does not work. Here is the actual site. It's in a different language, but you get the idea. :wink:

http://theartist-inme.blogspot.com.br/2012/03/reciclando-potes.html
  • Marne53
    Options
    I buy the large tea and have started using the empty ones to put 2 scoops of PDM and 2 scoops of Formula 1 in. I can grab one and just add water when we are on the go. I'm going to try to have a few done up for last minute trips. Keep one in your purse just in case you go out and don't make it home in time.
  • Marne53
    Options
    You can use the small tea containers for left over pudding mix. Lable the container and add to your other Herbalife items.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I buy the large tea and have started using the empty ones to put 2 scoops of PDM and 2 scoops of Formula 1 in. I can grab one and just add water when we are on the go. I'm going to try to have a few done up for last minute trips. Keep one in your purse just in case you go out and don't make it home in time.

I like your thinking on this! I love the idea of using the tea bottles and even the other supplement bottles to put the scoops in and take to work. My husband and I have been taking ours in baggies. Your idea is much more practical. Thanks!!! :)
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use my F1 & PDM containers for my daughters "littlest pet shop" & "zoobles" toys... we have 6 full right now! I also like to use them for hair supply containers; barretts, ponys, ect...

I like the idea of reusing the tea containers for shake mix... I just finished one this am and I will be sure to keep it!
  • Marne53
    Options
    Time to bring this to the top. I have a bunch of empty containers again. Marne