hip or knee pain

Options
SCPSL05
SCPSL05 Posts: 42 Member
Hi hotties! Just wondering if anyone else gets hip or knee pain from TF. I hate not being able to do all the jumping but I try to remind myself that I want to be able to exercise forever so I need to take it easy if I'm having pain. I never had hip pain until after my kids, They made my hips get a lot wider and now they pop all the time too. I hope this pain is just an overuse injury and not a REAL injury. I just can't stop TFing. I'm addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• myblckizbeautiful03
    Options
    I to have knee pain, it seems like it only happen when I started TF. My right knee kills me at time so thats when I try to modify the workout. I know sometimes I don't pivot correctly which could also be a problem. Like yourself, I dont wont to push myself to hard BUT TF IS MY LOVER!!! LOL
  • maranatha777
    maranatha777 Posts: 145
    Options
    I had both knee and hip pain when I first started TF. I modified for a week or two, taped the bottom of my shoes with packing tape (for carpet workouts), and really focused on my stance and moves to make sure I was pivoting and jumping correctly. I also bought some minimus shoes from New Balance that I absolutely LOVE! After all this I can say now that I do not have and joint pains :tongue: Hope this helps and happy Turbo-ing!
  • Btrfly2541
    Btrfly2541 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm starting with some knee pain (about 6 workouts in); was thinking about purchasing a knee brace. It's only my left knee; probably not pivoting correctly. I'm going to try to focus on my form the next couple workouts and see if that helps.

I've also started with upper back pain (near my should blades, but definitely not shoulder pain). Anyone else have this? Doesn't feel quite like normal muscle soreness...
  • JoyfullMovement
    JoyfullMovement Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia, a bad foot and joint issues but still try to Turbo because I love it so. I am excited to try the tape. The Turbo Fire is so much faster than Turbo Jam and on the carpet it is tricky to not tork the knees. I also have to follow the low impact but still get a great workout. I have not experienced the upper back pain mentioned. You could do a check during the workout that your shoulders are not up and tensed.

Thanks for sharing!
  • milo321
    milo321 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My knees are bothering me too after ~5 wkouts. i wnt and bought those foam puzzle piece squares to put over the carpet when i wkout...hoping the extra cushion and a slidey surface will help. anyone else find a solution? :/
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    Me too. Knee pain. Which I think
    Due to my carpet. Any ideas Work for you doing this on carpet?
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have knee pain anyway, so wear a stretchy knee support on whichever is giving me pain.

I hurt it quite badly the first time I tried TF and had to quit for 4 weeks!

I think you need to start small and take it easy until you've got the choreography down and make sure you pivot your feet, not twist at the knee when you're changing direction.

Either wind a bit of packing tape around the ball of your shoes to swivel on if you have carpet, or get some interlocking gym mats. I did this and it enables me to pivot properly and gives extra cushioning on the jumps.
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    Thank you. I may try the tape way. That work well for you ?
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Never would have thought about taping the bottom of my shoes!! I remodeled our pool house but didnt do anything with the carpet!! I thought about getting a large piece of plywood but I will try the tape first!! It is hard to pivet on carpet.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ok...the taped bottom of the shoes is brilliant! I haven't been banging my knees, worried the carpet/shoe combo would hurt. I did decide packing tape was a little too slick for my super clumsy self, but my workout shoes are now sporting a few inches of classy, silver duct tape:wink:
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tape on the shoes, great idea, I will have to try that tonight. I have horrible knees, back, and hips, but I have for years so I've come to learn wait is ok pain and what is "crap, that's not good" pain. I've found that doing TF has actually helped my knees feel better though now that I'm finally getting some leg muscle.
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    Going to try it ! Ty lol
  • priepen
    priepen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have good shoes and you are using good form I exercise on carpet and I am 95lbs overweight and I do the jumping and I am not having any knee or hip pain. I pay attention to my form and always make sure I have good shoes. I replace my snaeakers about every 6 months my joints start to hurt around then and thats when I know it is time for a new pair of shoes.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I tried duct tape today with the 45 EZ and it worked brilliantly for me!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yet another use for duct tape.....and to think they have designer colors now too!!!
  • hparker2
    hparker2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had severe knee pain between turbofire and running. It was so bad, I had to take an unwanted rest week and when i went back to working out, the pain returned. A friend suggested glucosamine and I have taken it since and have noticed the pain is almost non existant now.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I dont have any medical problems that could cause my knee to hurt, but i did find that doing TF in the beginning gave me knee pain. I got really good sneakers and really paid attention (like Chalene says) to keep that booty back and that knee over the ankle and i have never had pain since. Also make sure as she also says to be on those toes so you can take most of the impact of the knees when doing side punches ect.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Taping the shoe is an excellent idea. I had the same problem with my knees and I ended up going bare feet and the pain went away, but the HIIT workouts I definitely need my shoes. I'm going to tape my shoe this evening..thanks for the tip!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I saw this!! It drives me nuts trying to pivot my shoes on the carpet!! Brilliant idea! Now...where's that duct tape......