New to myfitnesspal, ex-weightwatcher!!!

Options
Hi all,
just joined as i need a bit of change after doing weightwatchers for a year. I lost 2 stone doing it but recently have just been losing and gaining the same couple of pounds and want to try something new to get to my goal this year!!
I'm 36, mum of 2 lovely boys and work part time in retail.
My goal is to be a size 12 by the summer and just feel fitter, healthier and happier with myself.
I'd love to be friends with some of you like minded slimmers, as i know i'm going to need motivation and help along the way...and ditto when you need some too!!!

Replies

• AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    hiya! I've done weight watcher more times than I have fingers to count on, lol. Welcome to MFP. Im new too :) Though I have much more weight to lose, I think we will both be successful with MFP. It gives you all the info you could need :) Good luck!
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    hey! ive done both weight watchers and slimming world!!

this feels much more natural to me ive been here around 5 weeks and am loving it!

ive only had one bad week (i stayed the same) and am now back on top and ready to reach the goals i didnt reach on Weight Watchers

i dont have to convert anything into points or syns or whip out a calculator or folder evertime i want to eat something

there are so many different kinds of people and all kinds of help on here. its nice to find what works best for you and nothing is band or a dangerous food!

if you wanna spend all your daily allowance on fish fingers you can!!

welcome to mfp! feel free to friend me im a very active member! xxxx good luck all
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. Congrats on the 2 stone loss, that's brilliant! :happy: Feel free to add me!
  • Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I have been here 4 weeks and have lost 1/2 a stone and hoping to lose 2 more. I find this so much better than WW as that damn food tracker never had the right stuff in it whereas this one has never not had what I want.
    Good luck to you all and do add me if you want to. Kate
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    There is one thing that makes MFP win everytime.......ITS FREEEEEEE! lol. WW and SW are expensive!!!
  • 2012newme
    2012newme Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,
    Glad I have found a British Group! I have tried them all, Weight Watchers, Slimming World and most recently Rosemary Conley. I just find when I join a club I just dont stick to it, perhaps I dont like being told what to do? so today is my fresh start on my own and MFP! have lost 7lb since beginning of the year but have another 3 stone to shift! aiming for a stone by next Bank Holiday 2nd June.

I am 55 years old with 3 children - all left home sad to say, work full time as a medical secretary (so I know how bad it is for my helath to be overweight which you would think would spur me on!) .

Please feel free to add me as a friend?

I think this website is great, its free and you can log in any time of day or night. Wish me luck!

Mandy xx
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    Good luck!!!!
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Please feel free to add me. I havent done the slimming world or weight watchers, I prefer MFP is shows you what your doing and were you are going wrong.
  • Mandy5264
    Mandy5264 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Another ex weight watchers here, lost 3st on ww but then been faffing about since Christmas and gained a st of that back, just could not face going back to ww so joined MFP properly last week.

Please fee free to add me as any moral support is always welcome,

Thanks,

Mandy x
  • UnicornJan
    UnicornJan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just loving this site, really easy to use and very motivating. Finally I have got into my head that if I exercise more I can eat more. Weight Watchers is great if you follow it but over the last year I too have been playing with the same few pounds on one week, off the next.
    I needed a change and this seems to fit the bill.
  • clairegoodey
    clairegoodey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did enjoy WW and it did work for me but this is SOOOOO much easier just one single thing to worry about CALORIES, not fibire, sat fat, converting to points, CRACKERS... Good luck we are all here to help and support.
  • 2012newme
    2012newme Posts: 7
    Options
    I find with this site you can eat whatever you fancy really so long as you keep within your calorie allowance, glad I found he UK groups!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Done both SW and WW.

MFP is now the most successful aid I have used to correct my horrific dietary, and non exercise, habits.

I am trundling towards my 2 stone lost and exercising at least 4 times a week, usually more. This may be online but it has done the world of good for me to have 'friends' there when I want them to help me out
  • nichojanes
    nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I too have tried WW. it worked for me but I inly did online and then put all the weight and then some back on.
    Lost 2 stone this year so far and have just found this site so hopefully it will push me on.
    Good luck
  • sabbers1982
    Options
    Just started using MFP after ditching WW this month, I literally lost nothing, and everyone is like you didn't do it right, but since using MFP regularly I've lost 2 lbs, I also lost 3lbs when I had virus last month but gained back with WW, but since lost using MFP so that's 5 in total although it doesn't show in my tracker.

MFP is so much better it's free plus realistically (I know once you reach your goal weight on WW you become a lifetime member) how can you count points forever. Whereas calories are usually printed on everything you buy, or easier to search for on the internet.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to MFP. I have been with MFP since 31st of March, and lost 37lb and 78.5". I have tried other methods, but this is the only thing that has changed my lifestyle completely. I injured my knee (cartilage damage) almost a year ago, and was unable to walk until about late January this year. Now, I run 4-8 miles a day with my Kangoo Jumps. Nobody would have even imagined me walking 5 months ago, let alone running.

I wish you every success on your journey to a healthier happier you.
  • loubylou1969
    loubylou1969 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed WW and I lost 21lb in 2011 but 10lb has slowly crept back on. Don't want the expense of paying out anymore so thought I would give this a go!

Started yesterday so hopefully I can lose the 10lb I've gained plus a bit more by the summer!

Please feel free to add me

Louise

(Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs)