How do you stay motivated?

Options
PamelaWba
PamelaWba Posts: 53 Member
Sometime we all need some motivation to keep going?
How do you get yourself to stay on track?
Share, so someone can use it to stay motivated as well is they need it:)

How i stay on track:
I stay of the fitness section on pinterest.
I put a dollar away for every 100 calorie i loose so i can buy myself something nice later
I have set goals to buy 2 new victoria secret bikini when i reach my goal
Wanting people to see me and say "you've lost so much weight" keeps me going!

Replies

• onesaint187
    Options
    Very good ideas. I'm going to try that dollar one

I stay motivated by having army posters as my wallpapers. In case everytime i sit down at the computer, i see an army poster and want to get up and do something. I stay looking at motivation videos on you tube.

On my netflix account i have a rack of Military movies in my instant queue. This can work depending on why you want to lose weight.

I try to listen to motivating music on my zune and my cell phone playlists.
    My zune playlists consits of :

Playlsist : Amped
    Reach 454 - Wake Up
    Eminem - 'Till I Collapse
    Shinedown - Fly From The Inside
    Godsmack - Awake
    Papa Roach - Not Listening
    Flaw - Only The Strong Survive
    Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away
    Breaking Benjamin - Away
    Trapt - Headstrong
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer

I usually listen to rock to get me amped because its very upbeat and fast. But usually when i hear one of these songs, i'm ready to hit the gym. For others i would create a playlist that if you hear a certain song, your ready to get up and do something.

I also stay motivated by walking around my house with out a shirt. Makes you look in a mirror a lot. Dont like what you see? Change it.
  • mathe306
    mathe306 Posts: 12
    Options
    LOVE the dollar idea! that way, by the end of the summer we can get something to show off our new bod. And I also want to go back to school and get great comments!
  • cprys8942
    cprys8942 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ahh I love the dollar one too! So it's just for every 100 calories burned? And I actually just bought a Victoria's Secret bikini that I will be putting on every single morning from now until I reach my goals. For me, it doesn't even feel like motivation anymore it feels like something i HAVE to do just like eating and breathing.
  • FlyingNunley
    FlyingNunley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated b/c my hot friend just lost 25lbs and now has a 6-pack thanks to MFP and her own tenacity. I also have this gorgeous vintage black halter dress that I keep in my closet so every day when I get dressed I'm reminded of what i need to do that day to eventually fit back into it.

I'm also seeking counsel for stress eating b/c that is the thing I struggle with the most.

My husband is very supportive and when he see's me eating treats he always asks how my calorie count is going that day.
  • PamelaWba
    Options
    Yeah:). I do it for every 100 calorie burn but you can do it more or less depending on which works for you:)
  • PamelaWba
    Options
    Good job girl. Yeah one of my friends lost 30 pounds from MFP and that's what made me get back on track!. And good luck we can totally do this.
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Too stay motivated I constantly look in the mirror and remember y I'm on this journey. And it motivates me so much!!