looking for support group in south end of Wpg.

Options
somervilleshar
somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
Hi,

I live close to Charleswood, Linden Ridge, Whyte Rridge, Fort Garry area and I was hoping to get a group of people together that would like to support each other. Maybe plan to do an activity, like walk in the cure for cancer, get together online and support each other etc.

Replies

• doh8302
    doh8302 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would totally love a support system. I'm in St.Norbert but I am limited to timing as my husband is a long haul driver and I don't have a reliable sitter for my 5 children. That is my my hardship with getting "me" time to participate in groups.
  • somervilleshar
    somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No problem! Online groups can be helpful as well as in person. My daughter is planning to do a 5 k walk this fall for Cancer and we have been talking about to the couch to 5 k training are you interested? If so I can send you any information I put together so you can participate on your own but also with us.

Sharon
  • Devi_Diva
    Devi_Diva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in Old St Vital, and could use online support for similar reasons. I have 6 children and do childcare. My partner also is a truck driver.
  • happyukrainian
    Options
    Feel free to add me somervilleshar.I'm 55 and I live in Charleswood.I really have lost my drive lately.My son got married this summer so that was my reason for really trying to loose a few pounds.I lost 13 lbs.I walked the trail for 1 hour every morning.Weddings over and I haven't kept up on walking.I haven't weighed my self since.I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!
  • MarsdenChick
    Options
    Hi there, Just wondering if there are any fitnesspals in the North Kildonan Area, I would like a walking partner or someone to join me at the GoodLife gym I started attending. If your interested, make a request to my profile.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    south wpg here :-)
  • joleneplus3
    joleneplus3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in southern Manitoba but would definitely come in for an organized event!!
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in linden woods!
  • dawnmarie1981
    Options
    Way over in Transcona here. I was doing awesome a long while back, lost 35 lbs then lost my drive and gained it all, plus more back :( Now am trying to get back at it but having a very hard time keeping my drive...or even really finding it again. It makes it a lot harder when you dont know anyone in the city for support and to do things with. Now that it's winter and I hate the cold and the snow, I rarely get outside. Hard to find any me time with my 2 very young boys and the hubby working long hours.