HEELS

Options
ThePilotsGirl
ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
So do you wear heels? I suck at walking in them, but I did every now and then in the past. After I gained weight, I gave them up.... who wants to be uncomfortable, overweight and tall! Talk about all eyes on me... errr it felt like it lol. If not do you plan to give them a go when your reach your goal? I plan to, but I still prefer flats, they are comfortable! :)

Replies

• Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love to wear heals! I wear them even though I'm taller than my husband even without them :0 )
  • julienib
    julienib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My aversion to wearing heels is that when I go out in them, I end up looking at the tops of peoples heads. Guys included.

Anyone know any single 6'5+ men? :P kidding, kind of.
  • MrsPetricca
    MrsPetricca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Heels.
    I'm 5'11'' I LOVE to wear them because lets face it..they make you feel femine and pretty..until your in public and then you feel amazon and giant like. Haha.

I think the more you wear them the more comfretable you are going to feel walking in them and being seen in them. :bigsmile:
    Over the years I have come a long way with feeling comfretable with my height. It was a challenge in school because I always wished I was one of the short petite girls. Now that I'm an adult, I realize the grass is always greener on the otherside. The short girls want to be tall as badly as the tall girls want to be short. So I've decided to take it for what it is, and be happy with my body because there is nothing I can do to about it anyway. (Aside from getting my pre-pregnancy weight back.)

So if you enjoy wearing heals. DO IT. Embrace your tallness. You most likely are being stared at, but do not take that as a bad thing. Who doesn't want to be noticed? Your being seen because of being different..but in such a good way.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I wear them all the time and people always comment, thing like "Do you really need those?!' Ummm... YES!!! i love them, I love being tall (6"1) and heels make me feel more feminine and powerful! So deal with it, shorties! lol :laugh:
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Don't much like scalping myself on doorways, so no I don't...
  • longbird
    longbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've got a couple of super-high pairs but I'm not great at walking in them, just through lack of practice. I only wear them if I can get away with wearing flats to and from the club/event whatever, and know I'll be able to sit down! I do love how they look though.
  • JordanandJacque
    JordanandJacque Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I wear high heels. In fact, I was just looking for a new pair of black heels. My husband reminded me I already have a pair. I reminded him that those only had a two inch heel and I wanted at least a four inch heel. I feel so feminin in my heels. I also love to walk into the room, all dressed up, and people's heads turn. It's all about the confidence you put out. If people sense your awkwardness then, yes, it will be very awkward. So, put on your heels, hold your head high, and people will think you are gorgeous for who you are at whatever weight you are!! DON'T WAIT!!!!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Oh I love a great pair of heels.

I'm missing wearing them right now thanks to my knee injury. I just bought a fantastic sparkly pair from Nordstrom that I'm dying to wear.

I especially love how getting up in the heels instantly makes my calves look AMAZING. :blushing:

My husband is usually a good 3 or 4 inches shorter than me when we go out because of my heels, but he doesn't care, he gets a kick out of it.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I just joined your group and am happy to have other women to talk to who are tall. I am 6"1 and around 212. I have my goal weight as 140 (I weighed this before my son was born 5 years ago) but i will see how good I look as I go. :)

I LOVE heels!!! I wear them everywhere I go. I do wear flats when I want the comfy look. My hubby is 6"4 and he loves me in heels. I was always taught to be proud of who you are. One of my pet peeves is seeing a girl slouched over because she is embarssed to be tall. I have always been the tallest in my class at school, even the boys, (they did catch up in high school) everyone was used to seeing me towering above them and I was used to them looking up to me, so it aint no thing. I am used to it really. I do love being tall!
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Most of my heels are 5 inches which rounds me up to a fantastic 6'4 and I love it.

Turn all the heads when I walk in to a place and I can always find my friends :happy:
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I absolutly LOVE wearing heels, yes I'm 6ft - but who cares? I LOVE being tall, plus, a good pair of heels can do magic to bums and thighs (If only an illusion)

:wink:
  • olasmiles
    olasmiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Heels.
    I'm 5'11'' I LOVE to wear them because lets face it..they make you feel femine and pretty..until your in public and then you feel amazon and giant like. Haha.

I think the more you wear them the more comfretable you are going to feel walking in them and being seen in them. :bigsmile:
    Over the years I have come a long way with feeling comfretable with my height. It was a challenge in school because I always wished I was one of the short petite girls. Now that I'm an adult, I realize the grass is always greener on the otherside. The short girls want to be tall as badly as the tall girls want to be short. So I've decided to take it for what it is, and be happy with my body because there is nothing I can do to about it anyway. (Aside from getting my pre-pregnancy weight back.)

So if you enjoy wearing heals. DO IT. Embrace your tallness. You most likely are being stared at, but do not take that as a bad thing. Who doesn't want to be noticed? Your being seen because of being different..but in such a good way.

can we be friends???? :love:
    I've always had such a problem with my height, and my friends are all short and petite--constant reminders of everything I'm not but have always wanted to be. I've learned to accept it better now, and in college it's less of a bad thing to be tall, but my self-esteem and tall-girl issues have gotten worse as I got bigger. I'm CRAZY ABOUT SHOESSS but I hate wearing them because I feel like an ogre. And with this extra weight, I feel even worse. I'm changing the weight, but the image and self-esteem has to change too. Working on it! I would love some friends who I can take that journey with!

Add me, any/every body!
  • timeresisting
    timeresisting Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love being tall, I wasn't so keen when I was younger but now I truly love it. I wear heels every time I go out. My husband is the same height as me and he doesn't mind if I wear heels, even my killer heels. The only time I didn't wear heels was on my wedding day, as I didn't want to be taller than my husband in those all important photos and you couldn't see what I had on my feet under my dress anyway.
    If embrace your height and walk with your head held high and what the hell attitude, you will look fantastic in your heels. So go right ahead and get a pair of fabulous killer heels and enjoy!
  • KTorg2014
    KTorg2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally get the "wow - your tall" stare when I get heels; in the past it really bothered me, and to be honest there are certain situations when it does still...however what I have realized is that I feel CONFIDENT and SEXY in heels - my boyfriend is just barely shorter than me, but if we go out - he loves me in heels - which in turn makes me remember how SEXY I am being tall and curvy. Although I am on MFP to lose weight - I don't want to shed all my curves. The trick is to find heels that are comfortable - I have learned (after many splurges) to not buy heels because they are super cute - save your money, buy ones that are cute and comfortable...after all we don't need stripper heels to be tall - we are already tall - don't give up - find a brand that provides comfort!
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love that almost everyone's response is YES because I LOVE heels too!!!! Why not flaunt what you got! Own your height! I love it! I am 6'1 and most of my heels make me 6'5 or taller. I do not even care! We are tall, fierce women and we should never be ashamed of that. Why should we not wear heels just because we are tall? Heck no! I think its great when I go out and can see over everyone. How much would it stink to be walking around at people's armpits not being able to see a darn thing. It would be horrible. It also helps that I currently am dating someone 6'5 so it helps we are eye to eye when I wear them. But my heels are not a daily occurrence. when I am teaching, it is mainly in flats or sneakers depending on the day but when I go out, its heel time and the bigger the better!!! :)
  • charmedparis07
    Options
    I love high heels, I am 5'10" and guess what I own around 35 pairs of 6 inch heels. I have worn heels since I was in 6th grade and I am not stopping now. I too get the wow your tall, but to be honest that's why I wear them I love to embrace how tall I am that is the way god made me. You are never too tall for them and the plus side to being tall in heels is that the side walk is our runway, so shorties look out.
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have never been good at walking in them, and being overweight and tall has always made me self-conscious! But now that I am feeling more confident I might have to try them out!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'10 here and LOVE a good heel, it makes me feel feminine, and lets face it...your calves look amazing in heels! :) I have learned over the years to embrace my height and find confidence in it! I say if your comfortable (and can walk in them) Do it!!