Glucose Test Tomorrow Morning: Question!

Options
JLatham325
JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
I have my glucose test tomorrow morning at 9:30am, and I know that I’m not supposed to eat before the test (which is going to be tough because I’m usually pretty ravenous in the mornings lol), but my question is:

Can I workout before the test? Or do you think that would affect my results? I’m not sure how exercise would affect my blood sugar levels but it’s not mentioned on my instructions for the test.

Thoughts?

Replies

• mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would mess anything up.. If it's possible to skip the workout and do it later in the day I'd do that. Considering u wnt be eating anything u could get dizzy... If ur not sure call the doctor see what they recommend...
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't remember there being any restrictions on the test other than you have to sit in the clinic for a full hour after you drink the stuff.
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't exercise for the simple fact that you cannot eat.. and that cannot be good for you, especially if you are hungry in the morning - try doing your workout after if you can :) just a thought!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have my glucose test next week and my doctors said I could eat? They just said nothing with sugar in it (fruits, pastries, etc). They told me to eat steak and eggs lol

And no I would not workout if you cant eat. That drink is full of sugar and can make you queasy, especially if you wont have anything in your stomach.
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yea you guys make alot of sense. I'm just so used to my morning workouts lol but I'll skip it for tomorrow, lord knows I get hungry enough as it is, no use adding to the hunger monster lol
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree that you shouldn't work out. Some doctors ask you to fast, others don't. I never had to, they told me to eat my normal breakfast.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I had to fast before my glucose test and I was never told any thing about exercising before the test, but I know that after I had the drink I was told not to exercise during that hour before they drew blood because that would affect the results. Good luck!
  • OrienMoon
    OrienMoon Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't know if this reply is too late or not but here goes...
    Exercise will lower your blood glucose readings. What they are looking for in the test is an accurate resting/fasting reading, meaning they want to make sure that your sugars are within a normal range when there are no other influences.
    I didn't have the test done because I am diabetic and we knew that before I was pregnant. I don't know what the doctors are saying for the glucose test, but I know when i have to have my regular blood tests done every three months I am not allowed to do much of anything before hand because it could cause my blood sugars to be lower than they normally would be at that time which would give an inaccurate reading.
    Good luck on the test!