CALLING ALL PRAYER WARRIORS AND ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS

Options
heaven_511
heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
I'm in the military and have been away from home for the past year. While I was away I was able to lose 29 lbs in the about 6mths. I've been back home with the family here in TX for a month now and my eating habits have been horrible!!! I have fallen back into my poor eating habits, I haven't been drinking my water like I should and I'm no longer exercising regularly...and of course the scale is showing it. I've gained 10 lbs!! I'm sure that most of it is water retention, but I've been lacking the motivation to get it back in gear and of course everytime I make plans something comes up with one of the kiddos. While I have made a huge stride by exercising the past two days I don't want this to stop. So any advice/help/encouragement is greatly needed and appreciated. Thanks in advance Pals!

Replies

• TraceySaz
    TraceySaz Posts: 1
    Options
    I have also been sliding on my eating habits and am going to get back on track today. It is so easy to fall back to old habits. I'm trying to remember how I felt when I did lose weight in the past and felt better. I find it so hard to stay on plan for any period of time. I will pray for you!
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    First let me say thank you for the service to our great country. I am the wife of a military man. His last deployment he lost about 40lbs. He has been home for about 9 months and has gained about 25 lbs back. I try to keep him on track but have no control when he goes to work :noway: the man loves fastfood. I think for him it is the mindset that when he was deployed he had no real control over what he was fed and knowing he is going to deploy again he is taking full advantage of the freedom of choice. He still works out and runs all the time...he just eats all of the wrong foods. Don't beat yourself up to bad....just refocus and think about what you are about to eat .....and then just set aside a block of time each day for exercise (even if it is just 30 mins) . I don't know the age of your children so that may be easier said than done but even running around playing or riding bikes with them would work. I am sending a prayer that you will get back on track and have peace of mind so you can enjoy your time at home. :flowerforyou:
  • Karenlaw30
    Karenlaw30 Posts: 15
    Options
    Make Sure your Spiritual Life is in SHAPE ...all the rest well follow...That time you setting aside be should to ask the Holy SPirit to take you in to the presence of God ...What does it profit a man to gain the whole world(Beauty/Health)and Lost his or Her SOUL...I pray you receive this with a open heart to the call of
    GOD...