Week 3 ups and downs

Options
delonda1
delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
So this week I gained weight which I am very dissappointed about because I worked really hard the majority of the week. So I am bummed but I am going 200% full force hoping for a major loss. Gaining weight back doesn't feel good and people telling me its prob muscle doesnt feel good either because I sometimes feel like its an excuse we use. I do enough cardio to balance out my weight lifting. So I am hoping for a major major loss of 3-4lbs this week. I know it is a lot but I believe I can make it happen.

Replies

• mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so in the same boat. I am annoyed to be honest with you. I wake up early to get a run in 4 days a week...which means pushing kiddos in a stroller to beat the heat, and p90x 6 days a week and I am up a pound. We leave for vacation in 2 weeks and I was hoping for some nice results. Good luck this week, I am hoping for at least a couple pounds lost this next week
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week...take a step back...are your clothes fitting better? Does your stomach feel flatter? Do those jeans fit this week when they didn't last week? Sometimes progress is not evident on the scale but in how you look!

It's not all about that blasted scale number...

Susan
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Weight same as two weeks ago. I need to step it up!
  • boweed70
    boweed70 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm still heading in the right direction with a net 1 pound loss this week, but had a minor setback with Friday night's dinner. I was also unable to workout the past two weeks with a back injury. Starting tomorrow morning, I am back in action. Workouts start anew.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    lost 1.4 this week :)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.5 since last week's weigh-in. I started 30 DS last week, so I'm pretty sure it's water weight from DOMS, but I still don't like to move backward on the weigh-ins. Oh well. I think I need to stick with resting the 2 days before the weigh-in. I lost an inch overall since last Sunday though, so I will stay the course.
  • rszalley
    rszalley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went up 0.2#, but I'm about to throw a party for that! I had a pretty spectacularly bad early week (over my 600 cal on Monday!) and didn't make up nearly enough to even out for the week. Throw in a 2+# gain early in the week and dropping most of that makes me thrilled that I've stayed level for the past four days - especially when you consider yesterday was a cookout at our place.

Just shake it all off, and today starts a whole new week to kick butt
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1lb loss for me. Slow and steady.not sure I'll make the 10 but hope at least 8. Good luck everyone :)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    As you know, I'm in the same boat as you. Except I know why I gained weight. It's not fair when someone works as hard as you and then it happens. Maybe it will suddenly come off all at once. I've read that that can happen sometimes...

14877786.png
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    This challenge is not going near as well as I had hoped, up 2 lbs this week! I am being inconsistent with both my logging and exercise. However I am not giving up!
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same and I had a good week food & exercise wise. Go figure!
  • katycat24
    katycat24 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty frustrated myself as I have been working hard and exercising, eating right, etc. but have managed to gain about 1.5 pounds since starting. I don't feel like it is muscle because I haven't drastically changed anything in my exercise routine. I will continue to persevere, but my confidence is waning.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty frustrated myself as I have been working hard and exercising, eating right, etc. but have managed to gain about 1.5 pounds since starting. I don't feel like it is muscle because I haven't drastically changed anything in my exercise routine. I will continue to persevere, but my confidence is waning.

this is exactly how i feel... my trainer suggested to a 24hr fast where you drink 30g of amino acids and 3-4 cups of green tea
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i put back on a pound but not upset as it was best week training i have done since i joined mfp. my body is finding it balance every time i gain back a pound i have done well the following week .i hope this continues .