Hello

Options
mushymom
mushymom Posts: 13 Member
My name is Sheri and I weight 338 lbs. I'm 55 years old and a type II diabetic. I know it sounds crazy, but right now, food isn't my problem. I'm only getting started so the focus on noting food and keeping a diary is still unique. I'm quite sure that after a few weeks those crazy cravings will be making me crazy. My problem is exercise. I've actually been forced out of my job because I couldnt keep up with the physical demands. Just about every motion hurts. Ten minutes of activity leaves me wheezing. And don't even talk to me about stairs. I really want to regain a more active life and I know dropping the weight is a big part of that, but what can I do now?

Replies

• tikki2782
    tikki2782 Posts: 4
    Options
    I know it's not easy. If it was we would all be at our goal weight. I started out by doing little things throughout the day. Someone smarter than me told me "You don't have to walk a mile all in one trip". I live in a 2 story home so I have to climb stairs to get to my bedroom. I started out by going up and down the stairs 1 time every hour during the times that I was at home. If you have a long hallway make 2 or 3 laps up and down the hallway every hour when you are at home. Any little thing you can do will help and if you can stick to it, you will find you can do more over time.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At right around that same weight (haven't weighed since last week when I was at 337 i think) I've just been walking, and doing some swimming, nice low impact... had a gym membership but gave it up as it was too much hassle working to get to the gym, walking around the neighbourhood costs me nothing, and it just coming up on summer there's lots of options for swimming, though splash pads seem to be replacing a lot of the outdoor pools around here.