Do you move your head?

Options
dandur
dandur Posts: 267 Member
Been a gamer for almost 38 years and I STILL move my head like my avatar would. I really noticed it today while playing Thief 2 again. Went to look around a corner and hadn't gone far enough. So what do I do? I not only turn my head a little more but I actually lean over to the right a bit to see if I can see better around the corner. Like that's going to help even the slightest. :blushing:

Yeah, I'm dumb.

Anyone else do this?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I suck at FPS. If you wanna lose or need a handicap for HALO, CoD, etc etc I am your man. For me it wasn't the head, it was moving the controller in various directions attempting to dodge. I've actually had the controller fly outta my hands with my l33t dodging and strafing skillz. during lan parties no one wanted to sit near me because I'd likely clock them in the head with my controller.
  • chellebubblz
    chellebubblz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    lol :) I play WoW and I've taken screenshots and done video with friends before. And a few times when watching them, I will click my right mouse button to try to change the view like I'm playing the game
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    ALL THE TIME!! Whether its me or hubby playing, especially FPS, I'll lean over or duck or get a tummy tickle if the toon jumps from a higher height. Hubby laughs at me especially when i lean over to look around a corner he;s trying to sneak around. If im playing old school Mario or soemthing I'll jump the controller like it helps my toon jump higher. Ive screamed when soemthing jumps out on my game or on hubby's FPS. I seem to think its real life....i bet there's a pill for that :)

Glad im not the only one.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I can't play FPS, but I still do it with other games. I was having trouble in Mass Effect 2 because I was hiding behind a barricade and I couldn't get my character into the right position where I could see my target, so I kept leaning over to the left. My husband thought it was hilarious.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    always do
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I once tried to look behind a tree while playing FF Tactics. *facepalm*
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Absolutely... I even fell out of my chair sideways once while avoiding a particularly close call in TIE Fighter.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If my avatar doesn't laugh maniacally, I'll laugh maniacally for them :wink:
  • unassembledandy
    Options
    did you ever playt he arcade shoot em up where the game actually monitored your position, so if you leaned left the screen moved so that you actually DID look round a post
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    lol :) I play WoW and I've taken screenshots and done video with friends before. And a few times when watching them, I will click my right mouse button to try to change the view like I'm playing the game

Definitely this ^^
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    did you ever playt he arcade shoot em up where the game actually monitored your position, so if you leaned left the screen moved so that you actually DID look round a post

Konami made it. It was a cop game similiar to Time Crisis. You ducked, and your view ducked as well. One of the best games I ever played. Also, a good squat workout.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've for sure played FPS's in the past where I@ve tried to peer around the corner. I also used to "lean into" corners on Mario Kart and Wave Race 64.... so ... yeah :)
  • KingRoaVa
    KingRoaVa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Racing games are worse for me. I always lean in a curve.