Hello fellow 50 plus

Options
Glad to find this group here....I'm brand new to this website and so far enjoying it. I'm 56, living in the Palm Springs CA area with about 70 pounds or so to lose. I like reading about other people's success and I can't wait to see my own progress! I'm tired of being overweight and truly motivated to make life changes.

Replies

• dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Make sure you log in what you eat even if its over your calorie intake. The more you exercise, the more calories you get. I love this site and I have met many people who give you ideas on different food and lots of ways to exercise. When you give support to others, you will receive support and I think that is what gives you motivation.....everyone is here for the same reason. Feel free to add me to your friends.
  • southernGeorgiagirl
    Options
    okay I need to lose 70+ pounds also and I figure it'll take me over a year to do it right so far since May 7th I have only lost 4-1/2 pounds but only started exercising this past week and already I'm discouraged - however my doctor wants me only to lose 16 pounds by August 7th - seems doable but my metabolism is not kicked in yet - but I will struggle on - the food diary helps and I also have purchased a pedometer but forget to put it on in the mornings - oh well baby steps
  • Secondgoround
    Options
    On Wednesday it will be one week for me. I find the food journal to be really helpful so far. I just need to get moving a do more exercise. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone. I've been on MFP since the end of January and find it so helpful. My suggestion is to find like minded friends so that your news feed is helpful. Search the forums for information. Ignore the trolls! Remember that not everyone is here to lose weight. Some members use the site to track fitness, and their posts can be interesting, but quite detailed, with lots of acronyms. There's a group called unofficial MFP Faqs that has lots of information, too.
    One of the things I've learned is that, for me, to lose slowly, eat healthily and quite a few calories works best, since it's a long term change for me, not a diet. It's so easy to track! I hope you all like it as much as I do.
  • HippoNoMore13
    HippoNoMore13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my very first day and post on this website, so hope I am doing it right. :) I have traveled this road before and succeeded, but have let myself gain back every pound. So, I am hoping this group will help me as I start my new beginning today! I believe I set my goal weight at 190, but 15 lbs. either direction would be nice. I am 53 years young and live in the great state of Texas.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome,HNM13. You will find this website a great tool!
  • HippoNoMore13
    HippoNoMore13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome,HNM13. You will find this website a great tool!

Thank you marsellient. I am looking forward to it!
  • wannabedif
    wannabedif Posts: 15
    Options
    Love your username! I was born in Abilene but was an army brat so didn't live there long, but did get married in Austin. Have family in Dallas area. I joined quite awhile ago and just let life get a hold of me so I'm back to try again. Have 100 lbs to lose. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it plan wise, calories here or WW or what......but I started with walking yesterday 1.2 miles and did it again today. Now this is with dogs so not a fast clip but yet more than a stroll. Once I start exercising it usually motivates me to eat wiser. Would love chatting with others my age (54) and learn how they are losing weight and winning their lives back!
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am also on a weight lose journey. We can support each other in our road to a healthy lifesyle.
    Feel free to add me on your friends list.
  • dblbutts
    dblbutts Posts: 11
    Options
    I will be happy to be your friend to help you along.
  • beachman_64
    Options
    It certainly helps:glasses: