Periods...

Options
kadins_momma07
kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
How many of you have regular periods with PCOS? Just curious....Like I said before, I haven't fully been diagnosed with PCOS, I go back next month for more bloodwork and stuff...but I have been getting regular periods, without any medications.

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Before I started taking the Metformin, cycles last up to 90 days. With exercise, eating better, and Metformin it's gotten to 30 to 36 days. Got to get back on track though with tracking my exercise and eating. Was thrown off base the last month. (Stress is bad for your PCOS and periods, too.)
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mine have never been normal..before TTC I had probably about 3-4 cycles a year...never know when they'd show up. I have to take Provera to start them now.
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    Mine have been normal for the past year. The only thing I take is natures made woman's multivitamin. Nothing special in those vitamins.
  • usmcwallacewife
    usmcwallacewife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS April 31st. Have been on Metformin since then (up to 2000mg a day) and an hoping I get a normal cycle here soon. I have only had 3 this year so far. Jan - March - May.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    When you ladies were first diagnosed with PCOS, did the doctor start you on medication right then, or did they say try to exercise and diet then we'll see how it goes?
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Before I conceived my daughter, the doctor said to just lose weight because I had only a "borderline" case. I lost about 10-15 lbs. and conceived right away.

This time, I went on Metformin as soon as I was diagnosed. But the doctor also knew that I was doing MFP as well.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    They started mine as soon as diagnosed, but I kept going on on and off it for awhile, I've been on it steady since 2009 (no breaks). Since I learned how to take the medicine and not have problems. I will admit I did mess up on Friday night/Saturday morning on not eating enough when taking it for those 2 doses and had an accident while out, but it was okay. I have a very severe case of PCOS, so they put me on it quickly.
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have been on Meteformin for years and I kinda feel like it's not working anymore any have that issue?? Periods are never regular... I did have them Feb, Mar, April on my own but haven't had once since... grrrr :(