Sugar limit

Options
How many grams of sugar do you all have your macros set at?

Replies

• madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How many grams of sugar do you all have your macros set at?

Argh this is the part that pees me off. MFP sets it at 29 or something but just eating an apple is like 17grams of sugar (roughly). I've taken it off my macro list this morning because it was doing my head in :)
  • JaimeBrown5
    JaimeBrown5 Posts: 324
    Options
    That's kinda where I'm at. I know I can't rule out ALL refined sugar (I NEED dessert) but I really tried to eat healthy today, getting myself back on track, and I was way over!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking sugar when I realized I was just tracking fruit. A whole column of fruit.

I just track carbs now- since that's the column sugar would fall under. Even as a prediabetic the docs say track carbs and not sugar. So now I don't have a 'fruit' column :wink:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I did something similar, but since I hate seeing the number in the red, I set it to 100. This allows for all my fruit and my soy yogurt, which has a lot of sugar, unfortunately.

I am almost always under, even with my nightly dark chocolate square. :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I don't track it so I dunno. I really don't track much beyond my protein and a vague vague eye on my carbs and fat (but only from the perspective of how various amounts make me feel). I have my sodium on there so I can laugh when ti says things like "5000"
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I did something similar, but since I hate seeing the number in the red, I set it to 100. This allows for all my fruit and my soy yogurt, which has a lot of sugar, unfortunately.

I am almost always under, even with my nightly dark chocolate square. :)

I try not to eat over 100 carbs so I have it all under 1 now :)