Hi, I'm new...With pics!

Options
VanillaBone
VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
Hi everyone; I was really glad to find this group.
I'm 5'11, and my goal weight is 160.

This is me in July of 2010, weighing at least 240 (That's when I finally put my scale in the closet). I just stopped weighing myself. :(

July2010006.jpg

I lost 40lbs over the course of 15 months, and then I started the Insanity program at 201lbs.

This is me after the first round at about 180, fitting into size 12 pants for the first time in God only knows how long:

December2011006.jpg

I'm 175 right now, on the second month of my second round of Insanity, and the size 12s are getting very loose. My new goal is not a weight, but a size 10.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone, blah blah blah.

Replies

• bballmom20
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You look great!
  • VanillaBone
    Options
    Thank you! :-)
  • missygirl0703
    Options
    Your story and pics are very motivating for me :)) Thanks!! Im 5'10 @ 215 plds! My goal is 180-190.
  • Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You're almost there!:smile: Very motivating! I'm 5'11 and weigh 176lbs. I'd love to weigh 160lbs again.
  • VanillaBone
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I forgot I posted this... I'll have to get some new pics, I'm at 160 now, 10 pounds to goal. :drinker:
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great pics, wonderful progress!

Nicetomeetcha!
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Well done :)
    I'm new too - been using MFP for about 10 days or so.
    So far, so great!
  • VanillaBone
    Options
    Thank you, Ms Katie!

Welcome to My Fitness Pal, and I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It IS helping to keep me focused. I'm LOVING it! :)
    Love seeing people's photos - makes me so happy when people get down to their goal weight!
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    I love seeing photos as well, you look amazing! How do you keep motivated every day?
  • VanillaBone
    Options
    Just seeing how far I've come is a huge motivator...I didn't think I'd ever get here. I had convinced myself that I wasn't fat anyway, it was just that 'my hipbones spread from childbirth', or that 'everybody gets a little thicker as they age'...like it says on the potato chips, some settling may occur. :laugh:

So seeing the scale go down, and fitting into clothes I thought were forever beyond my reach, and feeling *better* everyday is just too precious a feeling for me to quit. Plus, remembering how easy it was to pile on the weight kind of makes me think twice before eating something I know I shouldn't. I still do sometimes but it's a choice that I make, not a compulsion.
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    LMAO Settling may occur. I love that!