The Daily Accountability Thread

Options
ItsMeRebekah
ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
I thought that it may be a good idea to have a daily thread going for "mini" goals and accountability that ensure and help everybody to meet the ultimate goal! Some place we can check in daily to a) help the group be active b) keep the essential support needed for everyday grind c) make it the forefront of our minds to help push us be our best and work past our struggles!
Just an idea not trying to take over the group or anything! =)

My mini goal for today would be to put my exercise clothes on RIGHT when i get home after work.. i know if i do that i can strut around in them and not workout. That def holds me accountable!

Replies

• jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    lets see... umh....... to do my J.M Killer Buns and thigh w/o taking breaks and re -wining the damn DVD, just do it and get it over with
  • ItsMeRebekah
    Options
    lets see... umh....... to do my J.M Killer Buns and thigh w/o taking breaks and re -wining the damn DVD, just do it and get it over with
    lol love that goal!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    lol love that goal!

lets see! I will try my best!!!!
  • babylove1951
    Options
    My goal for today is to actually workout and not just sign up for LA Fitness. Yes, I can.
  • EllenBe
    EllenBe Posts: 31
    Options
    My goal for today is not to come home from the pub tonight and eat something (I'm from the UK and there's a big football match tonight)! I know I'll definitely be tempted for a late night snack when I get in, but must resist!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    Options
    My goal for today is to actually workout and not just sign up for LA Fitness. Yes, I can.
    best goal there is! whoho!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    Options
    My goal for today is not to come home from the pub tonight and eat something (I'm from the UK and there's a big football match tonight)! I know I'll definitely be tempted for a late night snack when I get in, but must resist!
    a great way to meet that goal is to be sure you eat well before you go! easier to come home and crash!
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    I brought my gym bag to work today. I'm changing before I leave so I don't change my mind and just go home!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    Options
    I brought my gym bag to work today. I'm changing before I leave so I don't change my mind and just go home!

there you go what a great idea!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I got my yoga mat out and put it on the floor. Now I have no excuses for not doing yoga.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My goal for today was to check out the gym. Well I joined the gym and worked out for an hour. I still plan on walking my pups for 30 minutes tonight.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Today was my husband's work birthday lunch and there was lots of sodium! My goal from here until the rest of the day is to consume 6 more glasses of water. (already have 7 in).

btw, I'm new to the group and think that I can benefit by setting small challenges for myself to lead up to the big goals. :)
  • EllenBe
    EllenBe Posts: 31
    Options
    a great way to meet that goal is to be sure you eat well before you go! easier to come home and crash!

Good advice thanks, it worked :), now about to go and crash!
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to attend my aerobics class and not go over my allowance of calories!!! :) Good luck everyone !
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    my goal for the day is to take the baby out for a jog in the jogging strolller this afternoon then tonight go to the gym for some elliptical time and lifting :)

and get a min of 10 8oz cups of water in :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    Options
    Today was my husband's work birthday lunch and there was lots of sodium! My goal from here until the rest of the day is to consume 6 more glasses of water. (already have 7 in).

btw, I'm new to the group and think that I can benefit by setting small challenges for myself to lead up to the big goals. :)
    hi and welcome! that salt is a killer isn't it? i had no idea until i found this site that i ate sooooo much of it! i always thought i didn't really have any due to me never using table salt LOL LOL what a joke! This is a fab goal!
  • babylove1951
    Options
    My small goal for today is to stay below my MFP sugar goal. That thing is killing me. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!!!
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to not go over my calorie count.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My mini goal for today -- and everyday -- is less time on the computer, and more time doing THINGS.
    My other mini goal for today is to attend the 11:00 aquatic class, which is in 40 minutes, so I need to log off now!!! :)
  • skyewatts
    skyewatts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my goal for today is to not eat popcorn at the afternoon matinee with the kids im watching this summer!! Im going to bring some fruit to snack on instead!