How long did it take you to see results?

Options
2»

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I would actually do a smaller deficit for a month and see how you fare. 20% is a bit big on such a weight heavy program. Also if you're not hitting enough protein often enough that can stall you out a bit.

Sorry you're having a rough patch.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I would actually do a smaller deficit for a month and see how you fare. 20% is a bit big on such a weight heavy program. Also if you're not hitting enough protein often enough that can stall you out a bit.

Unfortunately I bought into the "reset your metabolism" hype and started eating at maintenance several weeks ago, but stopped after about 3 weeks because a) I felt bloated/sick, b) I noticed myself falling back into old habits, and c) I reviewed 370 days of my food diary(!) to see my calorie intake during that time, and I only ate 1200 cals on 21 days. So I decided to stop the madness and reduce cals again. As for protein, I've had my macros set to 40/30/30 and I focus on hitting the protein macro, because it seems impossible (at least in my case) to achieve the perfect 40/30/30.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I bought into the "reset your metabolism" hype and started eating at maintenance several weeks ago, but stopped after about 3 weeks because a) I felt bloated/sick, b) I noticed myself falling back into old habits, and c) I reviewed 370 days of my food diary(!) to see my calorie intake during that time, and I only ate 1200 cals on 21 days. So I decided to stop the madness and reduce cals again. As for protein, I've had my macros set to 40/30/30 and I focus on hitting the protein macro, because it seems impossible (at least in my case) to achieve the perfect 40/30/30.

Well, sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe there is a better workout plan for your goals or it's just a tweak needed to your deficit. It's all trial and error in the end, really. Everything we do with food is an estimate.