New here. Hi. :)

Options
Hi Ladies, just wanted to introduce myself. My hubs and I have been TTC for about 20 months. In that time despite 5 rounds of clomid and 1000mg of metformin a day I've ovulated only twice. Finally decided to lose the extra weight to see if that helps. It's been about 5 weeks and I've lost about 12 pounds, so so far so good. My DR also upped me to 2000mg metformin a day about a week ago, and I've been taking vitex for about 2 months and am noticing some positive changes so far. It will be nice to have some ladies in my situation to share this journey with!

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group. I hope you find all the help you can here.
  • usmcwallacewife
    usmcwallacewife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group too and looking forward to having a support system here that understands our special challenges we face!
  • Funnygirl4971
    Funnygirl4971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well and am starting to wonder if I have been TTC longer than most. In months it has been 84 months (7 years). Is it fair to say I should give up?
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well and am starting to wonder if I have been TTC longer than most. In months it has been 84 months (7 years). Is it fair to say I should give up?

I am only saying NO because we have also been TTC for 7 years, and if I told you YES then that would mean I should give up too.
    :(
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone who is new here. I can't tell you how valuable it is to have others going through the same experience. Sometimes I feel like no one else understands - then I come on here! Welcome to everyone.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Don't ever give up. I didn't have my son until I was 34 years old. My hubby and I have been trying for a second for 18 months now. Our son is now 2 1/2 years old (in 10 days.) Just give it time, work on coming to terms with it, and keep on track.