Natural Hair Remedies & Recipes

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
Any good hair recipes that make your locs look fabulous? Has anyone overcome any hair obstacles or setbacks? Got rid of damaged ends, dry hair issues, thinning hair, anything?? What did you do? Please share...

Replies

• Curvimami
    Options
    Henna is an awesome hair treatment that leaves my hair shiny and strong. I mix 100% pure henna with a cup and a half of green tea or hibiscus tea. let sit for a half hour to overnight then add honey and Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) right before application. Then leave on for 4 hrs to overnight.lots of rinsing, then Deep Condition for an hour. Rinse. Style as usual
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Hands DOWN, I've found a wonderful solution for dry natural hair.

first, let me say, I have 4Z hair. NO LIE, and I'm okay with admitting that. For the longest, I suffered with severe breakage and tons of fairy knots, but recently I started using a moisturizing spray mixture that I created. Now I have lasting moisture and not as much breakage or fairy knots.

What's in my moisturizing spray?

1 teaspoon of glycerin
    about 1 teaspoon of favorite oil
    about 1/2 cup of water

I spritz my hair with it before styling and before covering it for bed. Hope this helps someone!
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Henna is an awesome hair treatment that leaves my hair shiny and strong. I mix 100% pure henna with a cup and a half of green tea or hibiscus tea. let sit for a half hour to overnight then add honey and Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) right before application. Then leave on for 4 hrs to overnight.lots of rinsing, then Deep Condition for an hour, Style as usual

WOW I've always wanted to use henna, mostly for dying purposes, but if it has results that also include strengthening the hair, then I guess I'm gonna have to give it a shot! Thanks for sharing hun!
  • Curvimami
    Options

first, let me say, I have 4Z hair. NO LIE, and I'm okay with admitting that. For the longest, I suffered with severe breakage and tons of fairy knots, but recently I started using a moisturizing spray mixture that I created. Now I have lasting moisture and not as much breakage or fairy knots.

1 teaspoon of glycerin
    about 1/2 cup of water

I spritz my hair with it before styling and before covering it for bed. Hope this helps someone!

Thanx for sharing your moisture secret!! Sounds good :happy:
  • phatkris
    phatkris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    While dealing with my Alopecia (Hair Loss) I was told to take Nouritress hair vitamins plus. It worked wonders. Now I was taking other things that my Derm prescribed but I think the Hair Vitamins helped a lot.
  • phatkris
    Options
    I can't not wait to try this. I have been using water, with SEBA Oil and I add a leave in conditioner. I spray my hair before i use any product and before i go to sleep. I was just experimenting. It's good to know you have a true recipe for moisture. - Just learned to Quote. Sorry.
  • phatkris
    Options

1 teaspoon of glycerin
    about 1/2 cup of water

I can't wait to try this. I have been using water, with SEBA Oil and I add a leave in conditioner. I spray my hair before i use any product and before i go to sleep. I was just experimenting. It's good to know you have a true recipe for moisture.
  • nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've heard some good things about the glycerin but haven't been able to find any in the store, though I may be just looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where I could buy some?
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I've heard some good things about the glycerin but haven't been able to find any in the store, though I may be just looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where I could buy some?

I think you may be able to find it in a beauty supply store. Good luck!