Looking for FT Working New Mom buddies!

Options
I'm looking for buddies that are FT Working Moms. I have a 9 month old and I feel like I've hit a wall trying to balance work and family. The only true time I can workout is when baby goes to sleep and then sometimes I have to go back to work afterwards. :/

Replies

• ksaranya
    ksaranya Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi there,
    I work FT. My DH helps out a lot withthebaby. We both try to help each other so both of us can work out and share chores. Feel free to add mesa your friend. DHand I just started the 30day shred!
  • lnburcham
    lnburcham Posts: 11
    Options
    hello. i just had my son 1 month ago and i work ft on top of that it's for the navy. so i have to find time to work out, but it's hard with my 2 children. feel free to add me if you want.
  • Lorily96
    Lorily96 Posts: 12
    Options
    I completely understand. I have a small window of opportunity to do something for 20-25 min right after work. And that's only if I am ready to go at 5:10ish. If I have to work over at all, there's no time to do the work out. I have to get home and start my next shift!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I have 2 small kids (20 months and 3 yrs old) and work full time shift work.
  • watermorg
    watermorg Posts: 7
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! I need alot of positive energy. I am first time mom. My baby girl is 10 weeks old today! I've been back to work for almost 2 months now. My DH works weekends and nights so most of my working out has to be on her sleep schedule or with her involved.
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me also - I work full time, and have an almost 14 month old little boy. I typically have to work out during my lunch break at work - because my little guy has decided he doesn't need his afternoon nap anymore - wonderful (I work 6am-2pm). I'm finally down to my pre preg weight - but still have some pounds to lose!!
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I work FT and a mommy to 3 and it is super hard, but I saw a post on here a while ago..if there is a will there is a way...we got this ladies...and any little step we take to making healthier choices is a WIN!!!
  • chonky83
    chonky83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to 5 month old twins and went back to work full time last month. The only time I can squeeze in a workout is in the morning around 5:45. Usually up at 4:30 and squeeze in an early morning feed. Then off to workout, back home to get ready for work. Feel free to add me as I need the motivation and support too!
  • lookatdmoon
    Options
    Hi all! The mobile and IPAD versions doesn't notify me when there are new posts. I think I've added everyone here. Can you tell me what programs you have been successful with and any tips? I'm doing TurboFire and supplementing with ChaLean Extreme on the shorter days.
  • nississima
    Options
    I'm a FT working mom with an 8 month-old. I'm slowly finding it easier to work out. I had a reality chat with myself about getting out of the office early. That usually means I actually wrap up my work around 4-4:30 and start planning the next day out.

I get a kick out of making baby laugh (who doesn't), and it's actually forced me to do more baby-focused exercises. I listed mine on this other discussion: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/613496-workouts-i-can-do-with-my-baby?page=1#posts-9621870

Now, I typically try to do a little exercise when he naps and after bedtime. I've started doing this daily list here: http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/15968075542/a-daily-exercise-plan-do-these-exercises. It's nice because you just squeeze it in when you can.

The other slightly embarrassing thing I do is a dance video game on xBox Kinect. It's addictive!
  • babyphat2012
    babyphat2012 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im a new mom of a 3 1/2 month old baby girl. I just recently got back into working out his week. My daughter makes me so exhausted but I know i need to do something important for me and her and thats to live a healthier lifestyle. I use to workout 5 times a week before pregnancy then I gained a lot of weight during my 3 months of bedrest and now im paying for it...lol...but looking in my daughters eyes everyday is all worth it. I know I have to do better for me and her. Please feel free to add me. I work full time ngiht shift as a nurse so I know its hard dealing with an infant and trying to find time to balance life, work and family.
  • toez79
    toez79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. I have a 4 month old baby and work full time at a desk job. I try to get out for walks after work, but it's been so hot recently it's impossible. I want to try to do a good workout after baby goes to bed, but sometimes I'm just so tired! I know it'll make me feel so much better, I've just got to do it! I'm going to add y'all for motivation/support if you don't mind! TIA!
  • punkgirl
    punkgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to this group and need a lot of motivation. I am a new mom to an amazing 3 1/2 month old boy. I am also working full time and to find time to workout seems impossible to me. The only time that I can work out is after he goes to sleep, but normally I am so tired that I go to bed when he does. Please feel free to add me so we can motivate eachother. :smile:
  • n3shaa_
    n3shaa_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i don't work FT but i am a FT student so that counts right? i have a 13 month old daughter and usually get my workouts in between classes and while she's at daycare. it's much easier to get them in now since summer classes are more relaxed but i'm not sure how things will be once August hits. either way feel free to add me :happy:
  • MzSturdivant
    MzSturdivant Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom to a 2 month old baby girl and I work full time. Hubby is either deployed or working long hours so I have to find ways to work out with my baby in tow. I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions on how to balance it all. Friend me.