Introduce Yourself!

Options
Go ahead, introduce yourself to the other gamers out there! Tell us your goals, your experience, what games you play, etc. We want to know it all!

Replies

• mrsleftybrown
    Options
    My husband and I run the video game website, The Married Gamers. I am also a 6th grade teacher who has taught for the last 14 years. I taught preschool for 5 years and then 6th grade for the last 9. At times, I can get sucked into eating in the cafeteria with the students. It is a great way to get to know the students on a more personal level, but not great for the waistline. I have been a gamer for my entire life. With this I have always struggled with my weight. I started my weight loss this year in January. I decided to start with exercise first and then watch my food intake second. After I had lost about 5 pounds during the Dance Central January Fitness Challenges, I started to watch my calorie intake here on MFP. So the 25.5 pounds that I have lost here, combined with the 5 pounds that I lost before I started tracking means that I have lost a combined total of 30.5 but just changing up my exercise and calorie intake.

I play all types of games. From the casual of Boogie Bunnies, to the Lego Games, to the Dance Games and Fitness Games to the hardcore shooters. It really depends on the mood that I am in when I turn on my Xbox. I currently play games on my Xbox and our PS3, or on the iPad.

Just 6 weeks ago I broke my 5th metatarsal bone doing Zumba at my local gym. It took the doctors 4 weeks to diagnosis me and they finally put me in a cast a week ago. Hopefully, I will be back in the gym working out in no time flat. I am still losing weight with watching what I am eating and walking on crutches. I am working on my upper body strength workout here at home. I can't wait to be back to doing the fitness and dance games that I have on my Xbox when I am released by the doctor.
  • jen67211
    jen67211 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello my name is jennifer, I would like to loose weight so I can enlist into the military. I am a big gamer but due to financial reasons I had to sell my Xbox 360 and ps3, so now I just use my computer as a console. I'm a total noob to the computer gaming scene but so far I've installed my first nvidia graphics card and have a few PC games. Still I think I'll wait for the Xbox 720 to come out next year before I buy another console. Anyway that's my story in a nut shell.
  • ValkyrieFD
    ValkyrieFD Posts: 83
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! I said everything about me really in my blog already, but a recap is I am the founder of PMS Clan and the team captain/founding member of Ubisof'ts Frag Dolls team.

Every since I first started online gaming, I have been fascinated with playing and meeting other girl gamers- and kicking *kitten* as a group. As a minority in competitive gaming I LOVE beating the s*** talkers who attack us because we are female. We are automatically, fat, ugly, or worse in the console world. I do find however, that females get much less flack on PC and MMO games of course. It's not that I hate boys, my hubby begs to differ, it's just I automatically feel an intensive bond with most other female gamers.

I consider myself a bit of an activist for all gamers, but of course especially the females as a minority (once again competitive side, we own the casual market already <3). I also used to compete professionally in MLG and hope to be doing so again soon! I pretty much love all kinds of games, except sports, and have that normal gamer addition in me. Once I start a game I have to beat it in every way before I will quit! I particularly love FPS, RPG, Puzzle, and Survival/Horror genres the most.

I was on season 1 of WCG Ultimate Gamer which was a gaming reality show that broadcast on SyFy channel a few years back (lasted 2 seasons) and was an amazing, surreal experience.

I hope to help promote a gamer fitness movement, and would love to incorporate all kinds of active games and do live streams (as well as get others to live stream) so others can work out with us on games without having to own them. That's my dream and plans to help me stay motivated in my weight-loss management!

Starting Monday, I will be on the Optifast all liquid diet for 3+ months until I hit my goal weight of 125 lbs (55lbs lighter). I will also be incorporating fitness games off the bat (Just Dance for now), biking on my new bike, and light weight training at the gym to start getting into a healthy exercise routine going.

That' me in a nutshell and nice to see YOU all posting your intros. I love reading history's! <3
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I know a couple of you *waves at Amy and Kelly* and I'm excited to meet more gamers here.

I've been an avid gamer since I was 8-years-old and like to create awareness about female, 40+ gamers. WE EXIST, and we kick *kitten*! I had the good fortune of working as a Frag Doll Cadette in 2010. I currently work for Ubisoft (hooray!) and for a gaming website, playeraffinity.com.

Last year I became very ill and was basically bed ridden for three months. Now that I'm healthy again, it's time to start working on dropping the weight I gained while I was recuperating. My goal is to lose 18-20lbs. I'm hoping between my husband's support, and the support of all of you, that I can reach my goal.

Please feel free to add me to Facebook: Facebook.com/EvilPixieGrrr, Twitter: @FragQueen, and XBL: EvilPixieGrrr

We've got this! Let's DO EEET!
  • Zombiemom13
    Options
    Hello!

I had my introduction to gaming with the Commodore 64 and the Atari 2600 lol. I love playing video games of all types, it just depends on my moods. I play the PS3, XBox360, Wii, and PC. My children (12, 10, 9) are all very avid gamers. Don't worry, they have to balance that with playing outdoors, eating right, reading books, and making good grades in school. :)

I am 210 lbs and though I have a thicker frame, that is way too much for my 5'1 body. I have several health problems, most of which are caused by the stress of my weight and not eating right. I want to get to 150 lbs eventually because I think that's a good, safe weight for me. It's going to take a lot of discipline and determination to get there. I'm really bad about making every excuse in the book on why I don't have time. Thanks to Valkyrie though, I can't really make any now! I'm looking forward to getting healthy. I'm also going to therapy to work on my mental health, which will hopefully help me stop binge eating for comfort, and help me focus.
  • _Laughter
    _Laughter Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Jewel, 25 years old married with a 4 year old son. I have been gaming since I can remember and still own my Nintendo NES along with all the games. In 2004 I converted over to consider myself a PC gamer focusing mainly on MMOs. I do however have a Wii and 360 where I sometimes play Harvest Moon, Zelda, and a few others on. The main game I played was WoW from 2004 to Now. I consider FFXIV and Diablo 3 to be my main game currently but once The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 release I am sure that will change. I spent time in Rift as one of the games Community Ambassadors and I use to work for Ubisoft as a Game Master/Forum Moderator.

I currently run a MMO community for female gamers - ladiesofmmos.com. I also am involved in a Guild Wars 2 Livestream site - guildwars2live.com.

I consider myself to be HUGE into social media and if that is your thing you may feel free to find me on twitter @_Laughter.

Outside of gaming I enjoy Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and True Blood. Drinking beer and cooking.

I wouldn't consider myself majorly over weight but I am 5 feet tall and weight around 136-140 and would feel more comfortable in my own skin is I dropped a good 10-15 pounds.
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    Hello!

I had my introduction to gaming with the Commodore 64 and the Atari 2600 lol. I love playing video games of all types, it just depends on my moods. I play the PS3, XBox360, Wii, and PC. My children (12, 10, 9) are all very avid gamers. Don't worry, they have to balance that with playing outdoors, eating right, reading books, and making good grades in school. :)

I am 210 lbs and though I have a thicker frame, that is way too much for my 5'1 body. I have several health problems, most of which are caused by the stress of my weight and not eating right. I want to get to 150 lbs eventually because I think that's a good, safe weight for me. It's going to take a lot of discipline and determination to get there. I'm really bad about making every excuse in the book on why I don't have time. Thanks to Valkyrie though, I can't really make any now! I'm looking forward to getting healthy. I'm also going to therapy to work on my mental health, which will hopefully help me stop binge eating for comfort, and help me focus.

I am going to LOVE seeing you start to lose and become healthier Zombie! I think you should use active games for the family and make it fun since you have gamer kids! You can set up some challenges and try to beat each others scores for a family "prize". I would love to see someone that has a family use it as a "family fitness" thing and tell other people that kind of story. Then you can help the them become fit too which will help you with your goals as well as help others extend their fitness to their families too!

My hubby is very healthy and fit, to an annoying degree actually as he is always bugging me. But now I am going to be thankful he is always asking me if I want to bike, walk or work out. I think he will be a huge source of support and motivation now that I am actually ready lol!

I don't know about you guys but I can't WAIT to post before and after pics. I don't know if you read the success stories threads in the main forums, but they are VERY motivating. You can't even recognize many in the +100 lbs lost thread.

I think this is why this site is going to be so helpful for us all, the support and motivation of each other will be a huge key!

<3 you all!
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi all my name is of course Amanda,I'm 31,just joined the group, me and my hubby are huge gamers.. My specialty is RPG's I am in love with Dragon Age and The Elder Scrolls oh and of course Final Fantasy. I have a ps3,xbox with kinect and of course computer.I will try almost any game,currently I'm playing Skyrim and Dragon Age 2.Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

I'm on a long weight loss journey,hoping to lose about 115lbs,unfortunately most of it came from sitting around weekends playing video games,plus I"m a stay at home mom of 3.Looking forward to making new gamer friends and doing this weight loss thing together!
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm a 24 year old gamer!

I've been gaming since the age of 3, starting off in the arcades then getting with the original Gameboy at release, since then, I've been hooked. Growing up I had a Sega Master, Sony Playsation, N64, Gamecube, PS2, GameGear, Virtual Boy (yea I know lol), Xbox, and now I'm playing on the 360 and PS3 (don't really use this often). I spent most of my childhood inside playing a ton of games instead of playing outside. My favorites ranged from Final Fantasy 7, Spyro, Mario (all of them, kart, party, etc), WWF, Need For Speed, and especially all games from Rockstar Games.

My senior year of high school, I decided that I wanted to make this crazy obsession of mine into a career so I headed to college and majored in Game Development, concentration in design. I worked through college, got an internship and had a job after graduation. I'm currently still in the industry and hope to grow with the progression of this one of a kind industry. I LOVE MY JOB!

Obviously staying inside all the time made me a fat kid lol. I struggled with weight all my life, going from high school to college I did manage to lose a bit of weight but gained it back.

I joined MFP about a year and a half ago and it has completely changed the way I eat and my prospective on food. I strongly believe that MFP can help ANYONE with the right amount of determination. I'm on here everyday (Xbox 360 too haha) and like to read success stories, articles on health and foods, and meet new friends of course (especially gamers)!

Thanks for accepting me :)
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    Hi all my name is of course Amanda,I'm 31,just joined the group, me and my hubby are huge gamers.. My specialty is RPG's I am in love with Dragon Age and The Elder Scrolls oh and of course Final Fantasy. I have a ps3,xbox with kinect and of course computer.I will try almost any game,currently I'm playing Skyrim and Dragon Age 2.Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

I'm on a long weight loss journey,hoping to lose about 115lbs,unfortunately most of it came from sitting around weekends playing video games,plus I"m a stay at home mom of 3.Looking forward to making new gamer friends and doing this weight loss thing together!

Nice to see you here Amanda, good luck with your goals! We are gamers and highly competitive so I know we can all do it!

Dragon Age is one of my all time favorite game, I LOVE Bioware games so much! My hubby and I are both big gamers, but we don't play games together really, we both fight like crazy when we are playing together as we back seat game each other haha.
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm a 24 year old gamer!

I've been gaming since the age of 3, starting off in the arcades then getting with the original Gameboy at release, since then, I've been hooked. Growing up I had a Sega Master, Sony Playsation, N64, Gamecube, PS2, GameGear, Virtual Boy (yea I know lol), Xbox, and now I'm playing on the 360 and PS3 (don't really use this often). I spent most of my childhood inside playing a ton of games instead of playing outside. My favorites ranged from Final Fantasy 7, Spyro, Mario (all of them, kart, party, etc), WWF, Need For Speed, and especially all games from Rockstar Games.

My senior year of high school, I decided that I wanted to make this crazy obsession of mine into a career so I headed to college and majored in Game Development, concentration in design. I worked through college, got an internship and had a job after graduation. I'm currently still in the industry and hope to grow with the progression of this one of a kind industry. I LOVE MY JOB!

Obviously staying inside all the time made me a fat kid lol. I struggled with weight all my life, going from high school to college I did manage to lose a bit of weight but gained it back.

I joined MFP about a year and a half ago and it has completely changed the way I eat and my prospective on food. I strongly believe that MFP can help ANYONE with the right amount of determination. I'm on here everyday (Xbox 360 too haha) and like to read success stories, articles on health and foods, and meet new friends of course (especially gamers)!

Thanks for accepting me :)

Yay, another gaming industry addition, sweet! Are you able to share what company you work for, I'd be curious to know <3
  • darthkitty
    darthkitty Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello! Let's start off by saying I joined this because of Valkyrie's blog. That took guts to tell the world about your weight loss journey. My real name is Lily and I've been involved in the gaming industry for the past 3 years of my life and i wouldn't choose any other industry to be a part of. I am in the marketing department in a company in San Francisco. It's been a blast.

My favorite games are fighting, puzzle, trigger/hack and slash games. Sometimes you just want to beat someone down and not have to worry about head shots. I am the foundering member of a girl gaming community called the Mos Eisley Girls. We just started and it's been fun to start something new.

That's about it for me! See you on the journey!
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Yes I'm able to tell you haha, I work for High 5 Games out in NJ.
  • clonednet
    clonednet Posts: 5
    Options
    hey im James. i started playing games as far back as i can remember. I dont mind a good FPS but im really into RPG/MMO/Strategy games. I dont play many MMO's anymore but i would go back to EVE-Online if i had more time. Currently most of my game time is Diablo 3, Skyrim, Deus Ex, anything Final Fantasy and a few XBL Arcade games. I own a kinect... one of my fitness gamer goals is to start playing Your Shape: FE and EA Active 2 that i own at lest 3 times a week. Im not very social but add me as a friend and ill send some motivation your way.
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    Nice to meet you new additions, some great games you all play <3
  • Donna_Olsen
    Donna_Olsen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Donna, a 40+ year old from Sweden, with 4 kids.

I really started to play as a child when the first Nintendo came to sweden. I just loved to play... and continued!

We have PS3, xbox360, nintendo wii.. ipad... and we all love to play.
    Anyway, beside the gym I love Yoga HD on my iPad and Zumba on the xbox and your shape fitness on ps3...
    Just to bad it's so hard to find the time to be playing more! ;)
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    Hi I'm Donna, a 40+ year old from Sweden, with 4 kids.

I really started to play as a child when the first Nintendo came to sweden. I just loved to play... and continued!

We have PS3, xbox360, nintendo wii.. ipad... and we all love to play.
    Anyway, beside the gym I love Yoga HD on my iPad and Zumba on the xbox and your shape fitness on ps3...
    Just to bad it's so hard to find the time to be playing more! ;)

Nice to meet you Donna!!! What's the best yoga program for someone wanting to start with basics? I am totally interested! <3
  • Donna_Olsen
    Donna_Olsen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love the app All-in YOGA HD: 300 poses & Yoga classes on the iPad. You just have everything there! From beginners to Guru.. programs for fitness, to curb digestion problems to energy boost to slender legs or waist, to destress, prevent headaches, burning desire... just name it! Videoinstructions if you need, and always pictures of the pose. Looks really nice too. Programs from 12 min to 89 min I think..
    Really recomend it!
  • ValkyrieFD
    Options
    I love the app All-in YOGA HD: 300 poses & Yoga classes on the iPad. You just have everything there! From beginners to Guru.. programs for fitness, to curb digestion problems to energy boost to slender legs or waist, to destress, prevent headaches, burning desire... just name it! Videoinstructions if you need, and always pictures of the pose. Looks really nice too. Programs from 12 min to 89 min I think..
    Really recomend it!

Darn, I don't have an ipad as I have my mac book pro and kindle. But I DID just order a 3 dvd set for yoga and another one for Pilates!!! Can't wait to try them out!
  • Kitreiki
    Kitreiki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Britt, My husband and I both love games. He works at EA, I'm working on getting my good enough work to get a portfolio together so that I can get somewhere. :)

My favorite area of gaming is the RPG genre, although action games are always fun as well. FPS are not my thing as I tend to be dead for more time than playing, lol. I love Zelda, Metroid, God of War, Final Fantasy and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Due to having parents who thoughts games were only slightly better than worthless, I now have all the current gen consoles ^_~