What do you plan on doing?

Options
hollyrenee1990
hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
What kind of exercise do you plan on doing? Or are you only going to be watching what you eat?

Let us know & give others ideas! (:

Replies

• VALERIE122386
    VALERIE122386 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im dieting and also doing ab workouts, squats, and Turbo Jam !!! I lost 5lbs my first week doing just that
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'll be weight training and doing cardio and also watching what I eat.

Mondays: Bis/Shoulders, 30 minutes of cardio
    Tuesdays: Tris/Back, 30 minutes of cardio
    Wednesday: Legs, 30 minutes of cardio
    Thursday: Chest, 30 minutes of cardio
    Friday: 45 minutes of cardio
    Saturday: 45 minutes of cardio

Breakfast: Yogurt Parfait or oatmeal
    Mid-morning snack: Veggies and Hummus
    Lunch: Shrimp Salad
    Afternoon snack: banana
    Dinner: Chicken or Salmon and veggies
    Pre-Gym Snack: toast with almond butter
    Post Gym Snack: Protein Shake
  • mg44
    mg44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually walk in the morning with my mom for 25 minutes, and ride my bike with my brother or sister for another 20. Occasionally, I go to the pool too and I know it doesn't seem like much, but playing Just Dance really burns calories! Basically, I've been focused on cardio but I want to start strength training soon! As for eating, I'm trying to stay around 1550 now. It's my magic number. :)
  • soo_z
    soo_z Posts: 42
    Options
    I have been yo-yo dieting since I joined here in November 2011. My weight fluctuates between 5lbs and it has been so hard for me to break 145. I am going to get serious for this RIGHT NOW because in 79 days my BF and I are taking a cruise and I really don't want to feel uncomfortable in my skin. I started running a few months ago and can now run 10 minutes straight without feeling like I'm going to die! Trust me... that is a feat all in itself. Here is my game plan:

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (2 handfuls of spinach, 1C almond mild, 1/2C Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 frozen banana)
    Morning Snack: Apple
    Lunch: Chipotle (yes, this can get pricey... but I am terrible at packing and eating my lunch.) I get the veggie bowl: 1/2 scoop brown rice, black beans, green salsa, guacamole, and lettuce.
    Afternoon Snack: Carrots & Hummus
    Dinner: 4oz of protein with lots of veggies

Workouts are as follows:
    Monday: 30 min. warm up cardio (tread or elliptical), strength training (arms, chest, upper back), 20 min. cool-down cardio (bike)
    Tuesday: 1 hr cardio (20 mins tread, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike)
    Wednesday: 30 min. warm up cardio (tread or elliptical), strength training (core), 20 min. cool-down cardio (bike)
    Thursday: Pilates
    Friday: 30 min. warm up cardio (tread or elliptical), strength training (legs), 20 min. cool-down cardio (bike)
    Every other Saturday: Tuesday: 1 hr cardio (20 mins tread, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike)
    Sunday: Rest

I've been doing this work-out pretty consistently. I just REALLY like to reward myself afterwards by eating pretty terribly and I haven't seen the scale move much because of this. I'm ready to get REALLY REALLY serious about this. And you know what? If I fall off the bandwagon every once in a while, it's okay. My habits won't change over night and I am finally starting to realize this. :bigsmile:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have been yo-yo dieting since I joined here in November 2011. My weight fluctuates between 5lbs and it has been so hard for me to break 145. I am going to get serious for this RIGHT NOW because in 79 days my BF and I are taking a cruise and I really don't want to feel uncomfortable in my skin. I started running a few months ago and can now run 10 minutes straight without feeling like I'm going to die! Trust me... that is a feat all in itself. Here is my game plan:

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (2 handfuls of spinach, 1C almond mild, 1/2C Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 frozen banana)
    Morning Snack: Apple
    Lunch: Chipotle (yes, this can get pricey... but I am terrible at packing and eating my lunch.) I get the veggie bowl: 1/2 scoop brown rice, black beans, green salsa, guacamole, and lettuce.
    Afternoon Snack: Carrots & Hummus
    Dinner: 4oz of protein with lots of veggies

Workouts are as follows:
    Monday: 30 min. warm up cardio (tread or elliptical), strength training (arms, chest, upper back), 20 min. cool-down cardio (bike)
    Tuesday: 1 hr cardio (20 mins tread, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike)
    Wednesday: 30 min. warm up cardio (tread or elliptical), strength training (core), 20 min. cool-down cardio (bike)
    Thursday: Pilates
    Friday: 30 min. warm up cardio (tread or elliptical), strength training (legs), 20 min. cool-down cardio (bike)
    Every other Saturday: Tuesday: 1 hr cardio (20 mins tread, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike)
    Sunday: Rest

I've been doing this work-out pretty consistently. I just REALLY like to reward myself afterwards by eating pretty terribly and I haven't seen the scale move much because of this. I'm ready to get REALLY REALLY serious about this. And you know what? If I fall off the bandwagon every once in a while, it's okay. My habits won't change over night and I am finally starting to realize this. :bigsmile:

I am the same way! I can work out consistently and work my butt off really hard but when I'm on my way home all those fast food restaurants make my stomach growl with envy and sometimes I give in. =/
  • handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i'll definitely be watching what i eat - just trying all around to eat clean, with less carbs (i love crackers and pretzels and potato chips and things so i'll need to curb that.) exercise comes easier to me than the diet thing, so this is where i'll have to watch out.

running is my workout of choice. i'll try to punch it up with some circuit training and yoga (I just bought a pass on groupon!). and run for longer times and try to up my pace. yesterday i ran 2.75 miles in 30 minutes without stopping! eventually try to get my pace up to 10min/mile.
  • jessicagraves1212
    jessicagraves1212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Saturday is Plyo workout! so much fun!!! plus 45 min of cradio. Sunday is lower body workout plus 2 cardio sessions. Plus watching what I eat!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am watching what I eat and I' just made up a workout plan for the next weeks!

Mondays: Push Ups, Jump Rope, 10 minute solution (Wii)
    Tuesday: Sit Ups, Squats, Belly Dance (DVD), Tread Mill
    Wednesday Push Ups, Jump Rope, Belly Bolly (DVD), Exer Beat (Wii)
    Thursday: Sit Ups, Squats, Bolly Fusion (DVD), Tread Mill
    Firday: Push Ups, Jump Rope, Michael Jackson The Experience or The Black Eyed Peas Experience (Wii)
    Saturday: Sit Ups, Jump Rope, Bollywood Dance (DVD), Zumba (Wii), Mountain Biking (if the weather allows)
    Sunday: Step up Dance (DVD), EA Sports Active or Your Shape (WII), Mountain Biking (if the weather allows)

Usually I don't eat breakfast, because I don't have time, I just have fruits at work and cook dinner when I come home in the evening. I plan to change that too.

Morning: Cereals with milk or yogurt
    During the day: Fruits or vegetables
    Evening: Dinner
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mondays: Low Impact Aerobics 25 minutes, General Aerobics 30 minutes
    Tuesdays: General Aerobics 30 minutes
    Wednesdays: General Aerobics 30 minutes, Pilates 1 hour
    Thursdays: Low Impact Aerobics 25 minutes, General Aerobics 30 minutes
    Fridays: General Aerobivs 30 minutes, Horseback Riding 1 hour or 30 minutes (depending on the horse)
    Saterdays: 1 hour walking 3.5 mph or 1 hour horseback riding
    Sundays: 1 hour walking 3.5 mph

Watching what I eat, drinking LOTS of water and staying near the 1200 calorie goal! :drinker: