Crossfit Buddies

Options
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm looking for a few like minded people to add as friends for some community support. Already starting to get hated on for being a CF'er. I work odd hours, and my box isn't 24/7 so would also like to compare some times for WODs and maybe a pat on the back for PR's and actually hitting a WOD as Rx'ed.

Get in touch,

Chris

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    That is lame people are hating on crossfit! Some people think I am crazy but I also used to do triathlons/marathons so I think a little crazy in a healthy way is good. Feel free to add me, I try to be active on here when I am not working/ crossfitting/ or planning my wedding LOL
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    We are all crazy in our own little way... but I think that is what brings us CFers together!! Those who hate just don't know or just don't want to put for the effort to try.

I went to Texas A&M University for college and we had a saying there about the Aggie camaraderie "From the outside looking in you can't understand it, from the inside looking out you can't explain it." I kind of think that applies to CF too...

I have met some amazing and encouraging CrossFitters not only at my box, but also on MFP. Welcome to a good group with some awesome people!!
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im really looking forward to hearing more!

I LOVE crossfit! I like my group, but I have a hard time hearing because I'm deaf. My coach is AWESOME. I'm going either at 5 or 6 pm, 3 times a day and I cant wait to get off work just to go to crossfit. I just bought a jumprope to try to master double unders at home. But its a bit too long. I think there's a way to adjust it, but not sure. I have two kids, and Im a single mom, so its super hard to make this all work. But I bring my kids and they watch. They love it.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. Not sure what you mean by getting haters? I've seen some negativity in general from people who don't know all that much about it, but I've never had anyone directly give me a hard time about it...
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me too :) I've been doing crossfit for about 6 weeks now and I love it.

For the jump rope adjusting - you can tie knots in it near the handles until it become short enough.

And I'm an Aggie too. For sure not a 2%er with crossfit :)
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. Clean work today. Gonna do the METCON finisher to try and sweat out some of that beer from last nights Rays-Mets game.
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for crossfit..Had my training/intro and my first real WOD will be next week...I might be terrified. haha
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to connect with other Crossfitter's so you all can feel free to add me too! Ive been doing CrossFit for about a month and a half now and I'm a self-proclaimed addict. I love how it really pushes you past what you thought were your limits!
  • DannieGirrl
    Options
    I get negative comments all the time from people telling me I've joined a cult. I've been doing CF for almost a year now and I'm addicted. I've officially drunk the kool aid and Iove it! It definitely pushes you past your limits, I'm partially blind and if I can learn to conquer box jumps then anyone can. Feel free to add me!
  • dunc289
    dunc289 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Count me in too.

I'm a noob on this MFP thing, and still trying to work out how to log CF properly. (I just put in a bunch of the lifting exercises from today, and logged ZERO calories burned. WTF?)

Been CFing for about 4 months, and I don't really care who likes or doesn't like it.
    I KNOW its doing me good, and suprising a lot of friends who don't understand how someone who gave up 35 years of smoking at christmas can still outrun them over 5 miles on the beach. (And I HATE running)

I'm still visibly overweight though, so I've started logging my food.

In absence of us all doing the same WOD's, I would recommend entering the Reebok Open whenever you get the chance. I did with only about a months experience, and it really made me own up to my weaknesses.

Doing Tough Mudder next month, almost completely unprepared. Unless you count the beer at the end, in which case I'm in the top 1% worldwide.

Look after yourselves, and try not to get injured.

Dunc
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Welcome bud.

Logging food works. At least for me it does. Just don't go too deep of a deficit though.

Basically if you CF about 4-5 times a week, and do some other exercise, you are considered "Moderate" level of exercise on Scooby, which from what I've seen, is the more accurate way to get your TDEE. Then just customize the calories and protein stuff under goals to reflect what Scooby gave you.

Unless, you have a heart rate monitor... Someone else in this group will tell you how to input exercise with that thing.

Chris

P.S. Good luck on that Tough Mudder. That thing is no joke.
  • dunc289
    dunc289 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cheers Chris,

I think I'll just stick with not inputting the exercise to keep my calories gross.
    Thanks for the pointer to Scooby, looks useful at first glance.

Tough Muder just gave me the impetus to start taking training seriously, now I just want to be a good cross fitter.

Thanks for the welcome,
    Dunc
  • runcrissierun
    runcrissierun Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too! I'm new (started in early May), but an addict already. It pushes me like I've never been pushed before, and the support of the CF community is the best. Not like you can go to a globo gym, lift some weights, and have other people come and cheer you on!
  • rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    add me too! Ya for the Texans!! I live in arkansas now but miss TX BAD! I'm doing the TM in october...not very excited. I have been CF since feb. I love it. My hubs makes fun of me for my "cult". He likes having a hot wife though. :)
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :) I love cf!
  • crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I just started CF, but I love it and can't wait to go back again.
  • Tsoper
    Tsoper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am totally in love with crossfit! I workout 3x a week & log all my workouts on MFP. The only way that I have been able to get a decent cal count is to wear a heart rate monitor. I've been doing CF for about 4 months now, so my times aren't the best but compare if you like! Feel free to add me!
  • anniep106
    anniep106 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. Im new on MFP. I am still a beginner at cf, but love it. Im on here pretty regularly since its summer (im a teacher, so freeeeee). I could use a few friends to keep motivated also.
    Annie
  • femmecyclist
    femmecyclist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (anyone)! I just started CF in May but am so in love. I don't think I've ever loved any type of exercise quite this much! And the people! So nice, so encouraging. The results haven't been too bad either, considering I've only been at it for 7 weeks. I don't usually log my workouts because I'm just eating the same number of calories every day regardless, but sometimes I post my WODs in status updates.
  • mhounsell
    mhounsell Posts: 11
    Options
    I too would appreciate some cross fit buddies....my wife just joined our local cross fit and I will be in the next few weeks when my work schedule changes.... if you want someone who can give you positive motivation, feel free to add me!!!