LETS CHAT- Tempting kids snacks

Options
kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
I know we are all busy moms, but we need to make an attempt to share in this group forum....
I have been cutting my starch intake.... No more than 1 cup cooked rice and I try to snack on fruits/vegetables.... Then I see my daughter with her snacks and get tempted.... Does anyone else get tempted... How do you cope???

Replies

• jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my son isn't into the snacking stage yet. Unfortunately, I am...somedays if I'm really hungry and I've tried extra water, I give in eat the extra snack and work it off. It's usually a "healthy-er" snack like a granola bar or low carb ice cream but the calories and carbs still add up as if I'd eaten some oreos!
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just taste it. I take a few small bites and put it away. I usually do not need much more than that. I track it and move on. I don't need to eat the whole serving or finish my 4 year old daughter's snack.
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    for me it starts with a taste, then a nibble and before i know it... its all gone
  • hannaheddo
    hannaheddo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get my baby girl into healthy snacks, she loves berries and other fruit, so I try to be a good role model. I do have 'baby crisps' but think they taste a bit bland so don't eat them!! I need to work out portion control.. think that is my biggest problem! x