Help! Not sure I'm doing it right.

Options
I'm in the middle of week 4 of insanity . I started to use myfitnesspal again five days ago to help me track what I'm eating. I had a baby almost three months ago and am ready to stop looking so jiggly. I am at 118 lbs and would like to get to 110 lbs b/c I'm only 5' tall. I'm sore in all kinds of places, but I'm not seeing a big transformation. How long was it before you guys started to see a big change? I'm super confused about the protein/carb/ to whatever balance. I got the amplify chocolate protein shakes to take after a workout and drink some powerade after too. Any ideas as to what I could do to help my transformation a bit? I can't really stick to diets b/c I have my kids to feed, and hubby and cooking numerous different meals isn't an option. I don't eat a lot of junk, but am not a health food nut either. I'm not sure what a mini meal consists of either. I know, I'm a mess, lol. Any help would be great. It has been a daily battle to continue w/ insanity, but I'm glad I've been doing it. I want to keep doing it, but sometimes not seeing any changes can be discouraging. Well, no physically visible changes. I am more energized and stronger, but I don't look any better. I just don't seem to understand what I need to do nutritionally to help myself along. The P90X recovery formula seems kind of expensive, is there an alternative? What about food? Any tips on exercise so I feel the burn in the right place? I don't seem to feel any burn in my abs, and I would love to flatten my belly a bit. I'm sweating a ton, but not seeing the insane results I was hoping for. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Super_Dave_32
    Options
    I wouldn't panic until you get through the second half of Insanity. In my experience, the second half is where you see the biggest difference. Part 1 kind of gets your body ready for Part 2. Once you start doing the longer (and believe it or not, more intense) workouts in the second month, you'll see changes in a hurry. If that doesn't happen, then you need to revisit your diet. Good luck!
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The mini meals are snacks. The Insanity Nutrition Guide describes them as food blocks and lays them out for you if you're willing to follow them. I find it helpful figuring out what 100 cals, 200 cals and 300 cals look like and then adjusting and fitting them in the day as needed. I don't always do the 5-6 meals a day--it's just too much preoccupation with eating for me so for the most part I stick with 3 meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner and a recovery meal post workout. I don't bother with BB's recovery formula or whatever else they're selling. My recovery meal looks like: one cup of skim milk, half scoop of whey protein, a banana and 1/2 cup oatmeal (left over from breakfast). Do what works for you here.

I can understand not wanting to cook a bunch of different meals for you and for the rest of your family. You could sneak in healthier recipes and maybe they won't notice :). I don't cook much and someone else will have to point you in the right direction there. If cooking healthier versions aren't doable and you're not adverse to eating vegetables, take a smaller dinner plate (6-7") fill half of it with steamed vegetables (or salad and go easy on the dressing) and then fill one quarter with protein and the other quarter with carbs. If I had something not so good like a cookie or whatever earlier in the day, I make up for it by skipping carbs at dinner. I don't know what your food log looks like, but I'm a fan of keeping things simple and maybe this will help you some. I usually do this for lunch and dinner.

You're very close to your goal weight. If I were you, I'd ditch the scale and make friends with a measuring tape and a camera instead. Gauge your success in terms of measurements and how you look in progress photos not some number on the scale that can fluctuate day to day depending on DOMS, hormones etc.

Hope this helps and good luck.
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey, congrats on th baby. I just had my first 7 months ago!! I've done insanity twice and the 2 nd month is always a better month for loss so just stick it out. Also if you like beans I highly suggest eating the bean salad from the nutriton guide. Its fast and easy and I mix it with fish or chicken to get extra protein and it's very filling. Also the chicken meatballs are fantastic and easy. I just try to make big batches of the easy recipes and eat those for a coup,e days, another fav of mine is spaghetti squash, I use zucchini or squash and peel it with a julienne peeler which forms it into noodle like texture and is so fast then just sautée add a little sauce and whatever else for protein or extra veggies and you have a fast healthy lunch or dinner, sweet freedom makes sugar free fudge bars that I like to use as a sweet snack and they only have 60 cals and like 9 net carbs. Anyway good luck! O yea also measure yourself, my weight wouldn't change much but I would measure myself and realize how much change was actually happening,