Anyone doing the Upper Body Weight Training DVD??

Options
Zitawins216
Zitawins216 Posts: 6 Member
I have the deluxe version of Insanity that comes with the extra dvds..one being the Upper Body Weight DVD. Just this week I started incorporating that into my Insanity schedule. Shawn T says to do it 3xs a week. I am just wondering if this is in addition to that days' dvd. He even joked and said ..ok now lets do Cardio Power...naw just kidding". So from that it kinda inferred that you don't want to do back to back workouts. Even his Upper Body Weight training dvd is intense..you sweat profusely and its cardio in there also.
Just wondering if anyone else has added it in and what results they are seeing.

Replies

• keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just started adding it in so can't tell you results yet. This is my third round of insanity and I started alternating cardio then weight days. I use the upper body along with p90 shoulders and arms on opposite days of insanity. I achieved my goal of weight loss through 2 rounds of insanity so that's why I am trying to incorporate weights now.
  • Zitawins216
    Zitawins216 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. My plan is to continue doing Insanity over and over till I hit goal also. Great job for you. SO i shouldn't be doing both the Cardio workout for that day and the weights?
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you have time yea I would do the cardio too. I have a 7 month old so usually a hour is all I have so I alternate my days so I get both cardio and strength.
  • jenb6723
    jenb6723 Posts: 13
    Options
    I did the insanity weight training DVD yesterday for the first time. WOW! It is an awsome DVD. 47 minutes, you get some cardio and abs plus the weight training. Totally different style from the primary DVD's but a great workout. Your heart rate is still elevated.

I am trying to determine how to best incorporate into the other days now too since I am also a runner. I am doing 45-60 minutes of running and a DVD at least 3 days a week which makes for some long blocks of time to workout. I think putting this in on Cardio Recovery days would make sense and also on the rest day ( is that bad). I am really starting to wonder if following the exact schedule really is possible if you are cross training with another form of cardio and also the weight training. I may need to start spacing out the workouts. On the days I run 6-7 miles and then do Insanity I am a blob of goo for a few hours after!

As far a s results, I had lost 15 pounds before starting instanity but since starting my weight loss seems to have kick started again and I dropped 2.5 pounds in less then two weeks and the ab definiation is coming very quickly. I am extremly happy with the program!