Hi there

Options
Hi, I just joined the group. I love the "one day at a time" slogan. It works so well for so many things. I particularly like it here, that way if I fail one day, I know it was just the one day and I can be back on track tomorrow. Good luck to us all!

Replies

• constantchaos05
    constantchaos05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same to you and welcome...I'm new too. Not to weight loss though, think I've been on every fad and pill ever made.
  • franwriter40
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I hope that with the support here, I might be able to change my mostly bad days to mostly good days & get back to losing the weight.
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Count me in.. I love the name of this group.. And I know that is all we have to do is take it one day at a time.. There is strength in numbers.. I will encourage you all as much as I can..Looking forward to getting to know you all..(((hugz))) Debbie
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I hope that with the support here, I might be able to change my mostly bad days to mostly good days & get back to losing the weight.

I feel exactly the same way! I think the encouragement and accountability will go a long way in getting us all to goal =)
  • Sharon31847
    Sharon31847 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this type of form but not to dieting. I want to relearn how to eat healthy meals & to control my cravings as well as my emotional responses to food. I feel these go right along with weight loss.
  • una48
    una48 Posts: 43
    Options
    HI,

The name 'One day at at time' is brilliant in more ways than one. If the thought of a lifetime of healthy eating is daunting, it becomes so much easier to cope with, when you look at it as 'a day at a time'. Each day is a new beginning, and another chance at getting it right. Each good day is an achievement to be proud of!

Being a diabetic, and knowing that healthy eating is going to be a lifetime affair, I would find it very hard to look at things any other way.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I also like the saying "just for today". I tell my self on the the days I want to give up that "just for today I can do this, I don't have to worry about what I might do tomorrow". It seems to help most times. If I look at it long term, I would give up for sure.
  • Sharon31847
    Sharon31847 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a good day today. MMy husband & I went to the exercise center and I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes, then went gro cery shopping & came home to put the groceries away & do 5 loads of laundry which I hung out on the line to dry. I feel like I accomplished something today & I still have energy left for this evening. I feel I did well with the eating as I have been doing a lot of picnicing lately and if I am not careful I can get off track really fast.
  • trapperanne
    trapperanne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You run circles around me girl. Keep that energy going.
  • trapperanne
    trapperanne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You girls rock! Thank you so much for your insight. Yes one day at a time is the only way I can do anything. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift the present. Get out their and live life on life's terms. Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I accept people places and things for exactly as they are, I have serenity. I don't always like it, but I accept it for what it is! Have a 10 today!
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's good to see so much positivity especially since I had an awful day, I've been dieting and exercising for 4 weeks now and I have not lost an ounze :( (sob)...but I'm taking it 'one day at a time' so although I blew it today tomorrow will be better :)