Tonights Dinner Share!

Options
angelcop74
angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
Dinner
Kroger - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, 4 oz.
Barilla - Linguine, 2 oz (56g)
Cibo Naturals - Artichoke Lemon Pesto, 1/4 cup
Whole Foods Market - Organic Ciabatta Bread, 1/8 loaf
Kroger Brand - Unsalted Butter, 1 tbsp (14 grams)
Earthbound Farms - Organic Baby Spinach Leaves, 0.5 oz (2 cups)
Whole Foods 365 Organic - Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Cold Pressed, 1 Tbsp (15 mL)
Totals for this meal were:
cal carb fat pro SOD sugar
823 60 50 32 796 3

It's tough sharing this stuff! If anyone knows of an easier way let me know! I wanted to share the meal and the final numbers, my total Sodium for today was about 950! Thats beautiful! haha

Replies

• angelcop74
    Options
    Turkey Meatloaf, 1 4oz serving(s)
    Idahoan - Mashed Potatoes, Original, 1/2 cup prepared (130g)
    Land O Lakes - Light Butter With Canola Oil, 1 Tbsp(14g)
    Totals:
    Cals carbs fat pro Sodium Sugar
    464 22 16 29 213 1
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Green Salad with Spring Mix and Baby Spinach
    Grape Tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, blueberry vinaigrette
    Tai chipotle sweet potato stew on 1 cup brown rice
    medium bosc pear

533 106 12 15 15 514

Cals carbs fat pro calcium sodium

So glad to have found this group! I've giving myself a month-long challenge to keep my sodium below 2000 mg per day. My "March All Over Sodium" Challenge. I know that sodium is a big culprit in my retaining water and in raising my blood pressure.
  • angelcop74
    Options
    Tai chipotle sweet potato stew on 1 cup brown rice
    Is this something you made from scratch or bought pre made?? It sounds interesting! I'm new to sweet potatoes, and they're so healthy and delicious, they're my new fav food! If it was premade, what was the sodium on that?
    Thanks!

And glad to have you!
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    Since my doctor said a low sodium diet should also be high in potassium, I started looking online for listings of high potassium foods.

I found out that black beans and tomotoes were high in potassium. Also that paprika and cayenne had lots of potassium. That got me thinking that I should be able to combine these and have a super potassium meal (and low in sodium of course.)

So I tossed them all in a bowl and called it my "potassium bomb!" AKA.... "black beans with pico de gallo."

1 can of "low sodium" black beans
    2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
    3 fresh jalapenos diced (*optional)
    1 cloves garlic diced
    1 bunch ciliantro diced
    1/2 cup chopped onion diced
    1 lemon
    1 tbsp paprika
    1/2 tbsp garlic powder (or more)
    1 tspn cayenne

drain and wash the beans in collander then put all the ingrediants in bowl, stir and chill.

a 1 heaping cup Serving has:
    Calories - Sodium - Carbs - Protein - Fiber - Potass

Goes great with a broiled chicken breast... and a 6oz. chicken breast adds another 432mg of potassium for a total serving of: 1,297mg of potassium.

*Note: I love really hot peppers, and jalpenos are not hot to me, I just like the flavor. 1 Jalapeno only has about 8mg of potassium so they aren't an important factor in that regard. Adjust accordingly for your taste/tolance.
  • angelcop74
    Options
    Wow! Good to know Scott! I used to make that as my lunch when i was in school! It was very filling and easy to mic on the go! Black beans are like super food. Delicious, filling, and so good for you! If you like that you might like the stir fry i made the other night. I'll post..
  • angelcop74
    Options
    Spicy Stir Fry-- made this up. lol The Soy Sauce made it very high in sodium, So i will omit it here because the veggies are SO spicy and good. This made 3 pretty good sized portions:

Red Bell Pepper - Red Bell Pepper, 0.5 large (164 grams or 5.78 ounces)
    Generic - Large Yellow Bell Pepper, 0.5 Large
    Pepper - Serrano, raw, 2 pepper
    Onions - Spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw, 6 medium (4-1/8" long)
    Spice World - Garlic, Minced, Spices - Net Wt. 32 oz. (907.2g), 1 tsp (5g)
    Broccoli - Raw, 2 cup, chopped
    Generic - Peas, Edible-Podded, Raw [Sugar Snap Peas, Snow Peas], 10 pea pods [34g]
    Village Harvest Basmati Prem Rice 1/2 cup dry
    Threw all the veg together in a hot skillet with a little olive oil (not factored in for cals) until hot through, and served over one serving of rice.

Totals:
    Cal-- 454 Fat--2 Carb---99 Sugar--09 Potassium--507 Sodium--288
  • idahopacker
    idahopacker Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Peach Mango Chicken Breast - cooked the chicken breasts on the George Foreman grill and topped each with 1/8 cup of warm peach mango salsa. The chicken, rice and asparagus (not a huge asparagus fan) was a great combination.

Chicken Whole Breast - Boneless Skinless chicken, 3oz
    Generic - Homemade Peach mango Salsa, 1/8 cup
    Generic - Wild Rice Pilaf, 4oz
    Asparagus - Raw, 2 cup
    Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Roasted Garlic Bread, 1/10 loaf

Calories 569, carbs 69, fat 15, protein 42, sodium 513
  • angelcop74
    Options
    YUM Mango Salsa!
  • idahopacker
    Options
    DASH - Green Avocado Smoothie (added to MFP food search)

1 cup chopped kale
    3/4 - 1 cup water
    1 green apple
    2 small kiwifruit, peeled and halved
    1 small avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
    1 tangerine, peeled and separated into segments
    3-4 ice cubes

Place the kale and water in a blender. Start blending on low, and as the kale begins to break down, increase to medium speed until it is completely broken down and smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, and blend on medium to high speed until desired consistency is achieved, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
  • angelcop74
    Options
    Thanks! Reminded me i gotta look at that DASH thing too!
  • ScottFree_66
    ScottFree_66 Posts: 200
    Options
    Getting my food ready to take to work... I'm going to need the extra large Scooby Doo lunch box :)

Dinner-1.jpg
  • idahopacker
    Options
    Scott, I had to purchase an extra large lunch box also. All those fruits and vegetables take up a lot of space.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This dish, "potassium bomb", sounds really good. Do you happen to know the fat content of this dish? I am in a pre-diabetes seminar and we have to reduce our fat intake dramatically to help with potential diabetes/cardiac problems.
  • angelcop74
    Options
    HOLY CRAP SCOTT!! Thats amazing! Making me feel like a schmuck with my "turkey and swiss on wheat in a baggie"! lmao
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    @krythie : I looked up the ingredients at - http://nutritiondata.self.com and it looks to me like vegetables and legumes have very little to no fat content. I have never tracked fat on my diary, so i wasn't sure.

From the "potassium bomb" recipe above the only ingredients that had any fat were; jalapenos with1 gram each and the the black beans also had a gram of fat.

tomatoes, garlic, lemons, cilantro, onion and the spices all had zero fats listed.

my favorite way of eating the "potassium bomb" is on top of a chicken breast, (for me a 6oz breast). That would add an additional 10g of fat.

@angelcop74 - I'm kind of boring/lazy eater... I can eat the same thing every day for weeks at a time. I'll cook 6 chicken breast on Sunday and buy a large bag of corn and some fruit. I also have a bunch of tupperware containers, so I can have everything individually packed for the whole week.
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    Gazpacho

Ingredients
    • 1 1/2 pounds (3 lg), vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
    • Tomato juice (pure 3 lg tomatoes to make own)
    • 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
    • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
    • 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
    • 3 medium garlic clove, minced
    • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 lime, juiced
    • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon toasted, ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chiffonade

Directions
    Fill a 6-quart pot halfway full of water, set over high heat and bring to a boil.
    Make an X with a paring knife on the bottom of the tomatoes. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for 15 seconds, remove and transfer to an ice bath and allow to cool until able to handle, approximately 1 minute. Remove and pat dry. Peel, core and seed the tomatoes. When seeding the tomatoes, place the seeds and pulp into a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl in order to catch the juice. Press as much of the juice through as possible and then add enough bottled tomato juice to bring the total to 1 cup.

Place the tomatoes and juice into a large mixing bowl. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, garlic clove, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, cumin, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to a blender and puree for 15 to 20 seconds on high speed. Return the pureed mixture to the bowl and stir to combine. Cover and chill for 2 hours and up to overnight. Serve with chiffonade of basil.

Per Serving (1 bowl): 105 calories 317 sodium and 441 potassium
  • krythie
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Scott! Will be trying this dish.
  • angelcop74
    Options
    If i was that awesome at planning i would have no trouble eating great! Way to go!
  • krythie
    Options
    Scott...you make the most amazing recipes. I wish I liked to cook, more. Guess that's why I got too weighty...all that pre-prepared food I have been eating for the last several years. I am resolved to be more into cooking, though. I need to save my life!
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Double cheese burger:
    Beef - Ground, 80% lean meat / 20% fat, patty, cooked, pan-broiled (hamburger), ( yield from 1/2 lb raw meat )
    Nosalt - Salt Substitute, (1/4 tsp)
    Sargento - Ultra Thin Sliced Natural Swiss Cheese, 2 slices
    Wegmans - Light Hamburger Roll

Fries:
    Nosalt - Salt Substitute, (1/4 tsp)
    Oil - Olive, 2 tsp
    Russet Potato - Potato, 2 Potato (5.3oz/148g)

Both cooked on the Grill

Calories-Sugar -Potass-Sodium-Fiber-Fat
    .....872 ..........4.......2,771......371........8......42