Insanity/P90X Hybrid Program?

Options
I just started the Insanity program (day 2 completed today!!!). Will Insanity give enough muscle toning to improve metabolism or will it be more of a temporary burn of calories? I also have acess to the P90X dvd's. I was thinking of creating a hybrid schedule using P90X for the strength training and alternating in Insanity for the cardio. My goal is to be lean and toned and improve my metabolism. I only want to lose a couple of lbs and i don't want the muscular look although toned and slightly cut would be ideal.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Replies

• Super_Dave_32
    Options
    I personally don't feel like I get a lot out of the cardio portion of P90X (aside from plyo), but I love the pushups, pullups, and the yoga. So I've done a hybrid program in the past to remedy that. I do P90X on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as scheduled and add in Insanity workouts on Tuesday and Saturday. If you don't want the muscular look, just be sure you're doing light enough weight on each weight-bearing P90X exercise to do 15 reps per set. The hybrid worked well for me and I'd highly recommend it.
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    Thanks for the info Super Dave! I think I'll give that schedule a shot.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    this is a link to hybrid worksheets. I am doing P90X / Insanity hybrid now and love it. It seems to be the best of both worlds!

http://www.beachbody.com/category/p90x-online/worksheets.do
  • Super_Dave_32
    Options
    I had no idea these worksheets existed! Pretty similar to what I've been doing, but it has some extra added twists along the way. Thanks for the heads-up!