I am feeling a bit defeated...help please!!

Options
LadyG0915
LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
I had my sleeve done March 19, 2012. My highest weight was 284 and I am now 239. Don't get me wrong, PLEASE don't get me wrong, in 14 weeks I have lost 45 lbs which is an average of 3.2 lbs a week. In a normal world I would take this and run with it. I am still so happy to be so close to 50 lbs lost, I feel like I should've been further along or at least averaged 5-7 lbs a week. I do know that a few times I have pushed it and ate too much, but it also came right back up. Am, I expecting too much? Do I need to push harder at the gym and be a bit more strict like I was the first months with my protein and veggies after? Honestly, I am not as vigliant with my protein as I was in the very begining and maybe I should be. I just feel like I have this opportunity of a lifetime to finally have my health back and I don't want to lose it. Any advise?

Replies

• crosa527
    crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done on 6/12/12, so I am not in a great position to give advice. However, when I joined this group, I also joined other surgical weight loss groups on MFP and even though some of those people have had bypass, not sleeve, the journey seems to be very similar.

The message I keep getting from my 'friends' in these groups is that you will stall because your liver needs time to catch up with the rapid weight loss. Remember, the liver is a filter and all that fat that is liquifying needs to get processed out the liver. Also, you seemed to answer a lot of your own questions in your post. If you are not satisfied, then go back to the basics and really focus on your protein, protein, protein!

I hope that helps, and try joining some of the other groups too.
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on May 17 and I've read that if you need your protein, water and vitamins. Take it back to the basics. I've read where some people will go back a stage (pureed or soft) when they are messing up. I think I lost the most weight when I was on the pureed stage. Are you eating the right things?

You could be experiencing a dreaded stall. Just stay on point and don't get discouraged. Remember Rome was not built in a day.

Hugs

Lewanda