Shoes

Options
I just bought insanity and am planning to start later this week. My feet hate me - my ankles like to roll (have been ok lately though) and my feet are prone to plantar fasciitis. Never had pf issues until I ran a marathon several years ago. Now my feet are tempermental!

Anyway, I've read several places that cross trainers are best. Does anyone have specific shoes recommendations? I have my Brooks running shoes and some Nike Free that are mostly worthless (very little support) but look cool. :) Just need something that will have enough support for my cranky feet. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day, I use either my saucony running shoes or my reebox crosstrainers - the runners are great for cushioning the up and down jumping, while the crosstrainers are better for more side to side movements.
  • amandamotley
    Options
    Ok thank you!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just bought some new Jordan cross-trainers. They are ugly as heck! They are slip on and surprisingly supportive for the lateral movements and very light weight. I am really liking them. Never owned a pair of Jordans before... never thought I would. They are working really well with Insanity. I feel like my step is faster do to the little bit of bounce I get with them. The model is Jordan RCVR. I tried on about five different types of shoes and tried the Heisman and some jumps in all of them. The Jordans surprisingly felt the best.
  • amandamotley
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I ended up getting some New Balance cross trainers last night - so far so good. It seems like cross trainers are always on the ugly side!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thats for sure!
  • mezz3329
    mezz3329 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Reebok zig techs are awesome! As a person with chronic Pf my feet have never felt better!
  • MalGC
    MalGC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok so my first few days of insanity my feet were literally killing me!! So someone suggested doing it with my shoes off and wow they did not hurt at all!!! so if your feet still hurt with new shoes try it with no shoes
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Bare foot on foam mat is the best way to go!
    I'm 180 lbs 5'1 and have no knee problem jumping on it.
    My left knee WAS weak but after insanity not it's STRONG so is my core.
  • finfeet
    finfeet Posts: 15
    Options
    i just did my first day with shoes off. Thank you for the suggestion. My feet feel great. I need them that way for derby practice tonight. As for the foam mat, what kind do you use?
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    I tried my Brooks running shoes first, since I had them. Then bought New Balance Trainers after 3 days of barefoot. The NBs are great till the end of Warm Up, then my feet start hurting all over again. Tried them with inserts...and lasted halfway through the workout. I think I'm going to have to do this shoeless.... The only downfall of shoeless for me is it feels like I've bruised the ball of my right foot. It would probably heal if I didn't keep jumping on it :-)
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Ryka-Womens-Assist-Athletic-Metallic/dp/B00598JEYG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341624462&sr=8-4&keywords=ryka+xt

I love these. I have serious ankle issues, and these have made things pain free for me. Other than the high knees during the warm up, can't tolerate those no matter what.
  • KeepJoJoPushin
    Options
    Vibram Fivefinger shoes!! I have biklas and love them! I broke ankle last year and these shoes dot hurt it at all feel like I'm barefoot!