Getting Started

Options
Marne53
Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
To get started on this Challenge I would like to start with the basics and work our way up.

1. Make sure to log your food and water

2. Log exercise

3. Weigh-in at least once a week. ( I weigh-in on Fridays)

4. Tell us a little something about what brought you here.

5. Share a favorite shake or food recipe.

Now if you think this sounds easy for a Challenge....this is just the beginning. Remember we are all in this together...please post challenges for each other.

Have a great Wed. Marne :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I will try to do my best.. :happy:
    Log food I do mostly everyday, drink water @lease 8 glasses sounds good,exercise what 30 min a day??Weigh in I try to do it on Fridays myself.
    What brought me here was the site sounded like it might be a good support site and it's all I thought it was. I have only been on it for about 2 months and have a few friends but I have alot of support .It fits it's name My Fitness Pal..
    Now do we do this daily or weekly?? We already do it on the site so do we also put it on this challenge area??
    Let's get this going..:flowerforyou:
  • Marne53
    Options
    My food is logged for the day...hope not to have to make any changes.
    Exercise is logged for the day and hope to add.
    2 days until weigh-in

I'm here because MyFitnessPal was suggested by my Herbalife Center. I use the site alot. I do have a hard time making it to the center during the week and need the support 24/7.

Shake Recipe:
    Elvis
    8 oz water
    1 scoop Vanilla PDM
    2 scoops Formula 1: French Vanilla
    1 teaspoon peanut butter
    ½ Banana

CHALLENGE:
    What do you do for a workout?
    Add 500 steps-If you do not have a pedometer walk on tread mill or 5-10 walk in place while watching the tv.

Dragonldy69, I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page as far as the basics.

I will add a complete list of challenges for next week on Friday June 1st for the week.

Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • disismyyear
    Options
    1/2. Food, water, and exercise is logged daily.

3. I usually weigh in on Mondays but I am considering to change it to Fridays :)

4. MFP was recommended to me by my co-worker and I have recommended it to everyone!

5. I like to make my shakes with water and very very thick...almost like ice cream. My favorite flavor is cookies and cream and I'm beginning to drink a mixture of cookie and caffe latte in the AM. Its very much like a frappe minus the calories and sugar high!

I'm excited for this challenge and look forward to the upcoming posts!

<3 Herbalife!
  • Marne53
    Options
    I like mine thick too. I use soy milk at home (it helps with hot flashes). I use Formula 1 and Protein at the lake so I don't have to worry about storing milk. I add about 6-10 ice cubes and make mine in the blender. I do love to go to the Herbalife centers though to try the different recipes they have. Keep moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Marne53
    Options
    Did really well today on my foods. Got up extra early for a work-out before my granddaughter got here. Made jello for the next week and made up my food list for tomorrow night. I hope you are all planing ahead ....it really helps me.
    Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Marne53
    Options
    Great job to those that logged food and exercise today. We are all going to have a great summer and be much smaller in the fall.
    Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have logged my food and water.
    did my exercises for the day.
    2 days till I weigh-In
    My walking is around 5000 steps a day
    Look forward in learning more about Herbalife and getting all the support I can from all my friends on here..
  • Marne53
    Options
    Ok so I see the old truck in the picture...is it your's? We have a 35 chevy coupe. I
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have logged my food for the day, but forgot to do my water so will go back and do that after.
    I am recovering from a bad cold so didnt do much exercise other than light walking, which I am doing my best not to count (want to count "real"exercise).
    I will weigh in on Thursday.

It's winter here in South Africa so my recipe is for a warm shake:

CAFE MOCHA
    200ml warmed up milk ( I use fat free but you could use
    2 scoops Chocolate F1 Healthy Meal
    a teaspoon instant coffee (or haf, depending on how strong you want it)
    Blend with stick blender.

Pour into a large mug and top with boiling water.
  • Marne53
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe. Marne
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Started my herbalife last Friday, I do feel better. Trying to decide if I should sign up to be a distributor or not for the extra discount. I need to start logging my food. Great to know there are others out there.
    Dawn

Ps- what does your one healthy meal look like? Last night I had a salad w low cal dressing, low-fat turkey brat on wheat bun and a little brown pasta salad that I made myself.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Another recipe:

Try the following: 2 scoops F1 Vanilla, 100g vanilla fat free yoghurt, a dash of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp honey, one peeled,cored apple. Blend and enjoy!
  • Rare_commodity
    Rare_commodity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started Herbalife about 1 week ago and so far I'm loving the results.

1. Logging food and water everyday. Vitamins/supplements 2-3x's a day

2. I have bootcampe 4x's a week I just started this week so wish me luck!

3. Ok I stopped weighing myself becuase I felt it was demotivation lol but Ill pull the scale back out

4. Positive energy and motivation!

5. I'll have to find a good one!
  • Marne53
    Options
    I'm in! I just started Herbalife about 1 week ago and so far I'm loving the results.

1. Logging food and water everyday. Vitamins/supplements 2-3x's a day

2. I have bootcampe 4x's a week I just started this week so wish me luck!

3. Ok I stopped weighing myself becuase I felt it was demotivation lol but Ill pull the scale back out

4. Positive energy and motivation!

5. I'll have to find a good one!

I'm so glad you are going to join us. This a great group. Marne
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started Herbalife 1 week ago and have lost 1.2kg! Yay!!!! Finally. I'm doing herbalife as I know it worked for me in the past and at the moment, nothing else is getting the weight off.

I will not adjust my ticker as about a month ago I put on 1.4kg and didn't adjust for that... Hopefully this time next week I can adjust it for real! :-)

Marne, I will like to try your Elvis shake. What is the Vanilla (PDM - sorry, can't see your post anymore, and forgotten the name!) that you added? Does it matter if I don't add it?

Thanks.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I log in everyday - food, water and exercise. I try and go to gym twice a week - can only go Tues and Thur mornings. Otherwise I try to go for fast walks in the park or else do my workout (walk away the pounds) dvd.

Don't have any favourite shakes yet - just copied all yours down to try. :-)

I weigh myself a couple times a week, but use the Thur-Fri weigh in for MFP.

Heidi - I'm originally from Cape Town, where in SA are you from?

xxx
  • Marne53
    Options
    Hi. I started Herbalife 1 week ago and have lost 1.2kg! Yay!!!! Finally. I'm doing herbalife as I know it worked for me in the past and at the moment, nothing else is getting the weight off.

I will not adjust my ticker as about a month ago I put on 1.4kg and didn't adjust for that... Hopefully this time next week I can adjust it for real! :-)

Marne, I will like to try your Elvis shake. What is the Vanilla (PDM - sorry, can't see your post anymore, and forgotten the name!) that you added? Does it matter if I don't add it?

Thanks.

PDM stands for Protein Drink Mix

Elvis
    8 oz water
    1 scoop Vanilla PDM
    2 scoops Formula 1: French Vanilla
    1 teaspoon peanut butter
    ½ Banana

Any other "?" let me know....Have a wonderful day.
  • anahiprz
    anahiprz Posts: 9
    Options
    YAY!
    It's so great to have found this group! I just started today.
    I have tried many shakes before but they were either not tasty or did not come with a support group. I decided to become a distributor for the 25% and LOVED the fact that the lady who introduced me to them is not pushy at all, which has been a major turn off in the past with other multi-level systems.
    Feel free to add me as a buddy. I just started using MFP and plan on getting the most out of it.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like mine thick too. I use soy milk at home (it helps with hot flashes). I use Formula 1 and Protein at the lake so I don't have to worry about storing milk. I add about 6-10 ice cubes and make mine in the blender. I do love to go to the Herbalife centers though to try the different recipes they have. Keep moving, Marne :flowerforyou:

I've only heard great things from Herbalife centers.. wish I had one near me.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1.Food is logged for the day.. I log water as I'm drinking it.

2. Exercise is logged.

3. WI day is now Sunday (measurement day 2---just started it today as it takes too much time for me).

4. I'm here for support.. I do not have a supportive upline peep. I love to hear how the program is working for others.. I'm here to help anyway that I can...

5. My current favorite shake is .... 2 scoops orange F1, 1-2 scoops vanilla PDM, 8-10 oz of ice cold water, 3 caps mango aloe & 1/2 tsp original flavor tea.