PowerFoods

Options
Scymentress
Scymentress Posts: 18 Member
Here are the Power Foods and Why they Work!

Almonds and other Nuts (Builds Muscle, fight cravings)
Beans and Legumes (Builds Muscle, help burn fat, regulate digestion)
Spinach and other green vegetables (Neutralize free radicals, which are molecules that accelerate the aging process)
Dairy (fat free or low fat) (Builds strong bones, fires up weight loss)
Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, Unflavored (Boosts energy and sex drive, reduces cholesterol, maintain blood sugar levels)
Eggs (Build muscle, burn fat)
Turkey and other lean meats (Build muscle, improve the immune system)
Peanut Butter (All-Natural: No Salt/No Sugar) (Boosts Testosterone, builds muscle, burns fat)
Olive Oil (Lowers cholesterol, boost the immune system)
Whole Grain bread and cereals (Prevents the Body from storing fat)
Extra Protein (whey) powder (Builds muscle, burns fat)
Raspberries and other berries (Protect your heart, enhance eyesight, improve balance coordination and short term memory: prevent cravings)

That's good stuff we'll be eating. The diet suggests that you eat 2-3 Powerfoods with each meal and that you eat 6 meals a day. That is tough for me. So, I usually buy the 100 calorie Almond packs or make extra smoothie mix and drink it for after my morning run for breakfast and as a mid-morning snack. Sometimes I freeze it to make a Popsicle for dessert.

Good luck!

Replies

• HoneyAngel62
    Options
    Two of the 12 I can not eat, but I'll still participate.
  • amirahazziz
    Options
    Eating 6 meals will be a tough one for me. I think I'm going to need to seriously set an alarm on my phone for meals... I hate to not meat a goal I set for myself. I'm committed.
  • p_quillen
    p_quillen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Real tough for me b/c I am super LAZY when it comes to food preparation. Grrrr.
  • CLMelonson
    CLMelonson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay, that's it? 2-3 of the power foods wtih each meal? Six meals a day is already proving to be a challenge, but I'm gonna work it out!
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok. I read the ab diet review online. It is going to be challenging. However, I am going to give it a try!!! That's what challenges are for. I wanted to give this disclaimer; I will not eat foods that I don't like (i.e. plain oatmeal). Life is too short to be miserable doing something you don't like! But, I am committed to logging everyday, every meal. Eating six meals a day, and remaining positive! I figure if I get close to the plan I will see some changes in my body. Operation Beyonce Body in full effect!!!

Also, I am an encourager. So, I may post comments on your page. If you don't like that or need that just let me know. No offense.

If that is acceptable to you guys, I would love to complete the challenge with you!! If not, I totally understand if I am removed and I will still encourage you on MFP! :) Have a grand and glorious day!
  • Scymentress
    Options
    Lenora, which two? Let me check the book to see if there is an alternative?
  • Scymentress
    Options
    Me too Amira and I did exactly that, my alarm just went off for my snack. I had a 100 calorie pack of Almonds. Very filling, but no taste! I went for the plain almonds instead of the Cocoa Roast. I think I will switch in Week 2. I need a little flavor, but I want to stay away from salt.
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is fish/seafood okay on this plan? i have grilled shrimp, spinach, and brown rice planned for dinner.
  • Scymentress
    Options
    Yes. Fish is a good substitute for a lean meat!
  • p_quillen
    p_quillen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh Im w/you on not eating foods that I don't like. I use "Ideal" in my oatmeal and so far there are no issues. Im also gonna make some oatmeal raisin cookies w/it to allow our run group a taste. Ive found it to be an awesome sugar substitute. Same texture and all.
  • Scymentress
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Pat. Cranberries in the oatmeal is pretty good as well.