Any one stationed at ft. Leonardwood?

Options
Emaz1027
Emaz1027 Posts: 9 Member
My fiancé is at ft. Leonardwood for basic, just curious if any one has others there or live there on base?

Replies

• iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No ma'am
    hope a couple states over I'm in Texas :)
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We are a couple hours away. My hubby went there for basic/AIT in 2010.
  • Emaz1027
    Options
    Me and my fiancé live in texas but he is currently in basic training there. He graduates in August and then has AIT there as well. I love Texas but I'm hoping we get stationed out of state lol
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently at FT Sam Houston for AIT. He said it's hooooot in texas, which sounds nice! :D
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    We were stationed at Leomard Wood for two years. My hubby was a Drill there. We're in Texas now but if you have any ?'s about FLW, I can sure answer them!
  • Emaz1027
    Options
    Well I know there's no way for anyone to know for sure but my fiancé graduates August 9 from basic and starts his AIT the following Monday at FLW. I know we get the day of and before with him but I read somewhere we might get weekend time with him to since he's not changing bases. This whole thing has been so hard on me, I grew up military and I did NOT want this but you don't choose who you love and I'm not gonna make him give up his life goal for me. I'll get through it I just wish this was easier lol
  • Emaz1027
    Options
    And yes Texas is great and HOT but I've lived here 6 years now and before was Colorado, Montana, and California and Texas is df my fav! I can't wait to leave somewhere else with my fiancé though lol
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It will depend on if they make him report straight to his AIT or not (or say, wait til Monday). Then it would basically be up to his CoC if he gets a pass for the weekend. He should be able to gett a better idea closer to grad date.

Yea, we've been in Texas 7 out of the last 9 years. 2 years at Wood. We're hoping to go somewhere "cool" next:)
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    We just left Ft. Leonardwood six months ago. Let me know if you have any questions or need any resources or info.
  • acop111
    Options
    We are in Texas right now but going to Ft. Leonard Wood for 3 years in Dec. My guy is a CID agent and will be teaching at the CID school there....... I am super nervous I have never lived outside of Texas. He has been there a few times and loves it..... I would love to hear about it from a women's point of view....