How will you reward yourself?

Options
Nicci93
Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
We are all trying to lose weight for one reason or another... but how are you going to reward yourself once you get to your goal weight?

I want to buy a form fitted little black dress =) One that is going to show off my hot bod ;) haha that and I am going to get a professional suit-piece set

Replies

• sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last year, I told myself if I lost weight I would buy myself a beach cruiser bike for my birthday this year. I didn`t lose the weight, but my family bought me my dream bike anyway. I LOVE MY BIKE!!! So now I am using it to help me lose the weight! :smile:

I will have to think about a new reward, maybe a weekend away and a new dress to wear to dinner. This time I will actually lose the weight though!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    GREAT THREAD TOPIC! One I was going to get around to, but didn't! Thanks for posting it! :flowerforyou:

I am going to reward myself in little increments... The main thing when setting goals is to not make them food related, so it sounds like you guys are on the right track!

:heart: When I get to 10 pounds lost- i am going to treat myself to a new haircut/dye job! I really am in need soon anyway, but it will be a fresh cut to go with my fresh new 10 pound lighter body! :) At only 5'3 it's amazing the HUGE difference 135 to 145 makes!

:heart: When I get to 15 pounds lost (130) I will be getting a pedicure. Not a HUGE reward, but still a good one! The 130 mark for me is one to celebrate because that, my friends. is where my body starts really resisting the change! :) I need that little reminder!

:heart: When I get to 20 Pounds lost I will be 125, I am getting a facial! :) I know these sound really close together, but again, as you get closer to your goal weight, it slows down!

:heart: When I get to 25 pounds lost (120) I am doing something big! LOL I don't know what yet, but it will involve buying something special, fitness related or maybe food related. I was thinking that might be a perfect time to get a Vitamix!!!!!

:heart: Oh and for those of you still making goals, if you don't have a Heart Rate Monitor, I HIGHLY suggest getting one! I got one (Mio Motiva- you have to touch it, no chest strap- pretty accurate- used it for 3 years and it still works). This last Spring I recently upgraded to the Polar FT7. I would have gotten the Polar FT4 because that is all I need, but on ebay I found cheaper deals for the FT7. My husband also has one and it's great great great! :) I love it! you can get these for anywhere from 50-75. DO NOT SPEND MORE THAN 75! You don't have to!

@Sage- I love biking ! No cruiser for me, I'm a Mountain bike girl but it's so fun! I use it get to the store! :) Extra exercise! :D

@nicci- Oooh, a professional suit?!?!? That is great! I LOVE SUITS! I have a dark grey one that I am hoping to get back into soon! I love the new clothes aspect of losing weight! The thing for me is that I have soooooo many goal dresses and clothes that I used to wear, like great clothes, that I'm just trying to get back into them! LOL Thanks again for the great post!!!!
  • wandam1965
    Options
    My Goals are simple due to the volume I need to loose I only set goals for the first 50

at 10 lbs i need a haircut and dye job badly
    at 20 lbs hopefully by my birthday hubby can take me to dinner
    at 30 lbs i plan on getting my nails done since it has been so long since i have had them done
    at 40 lbs I want a day without my kids lol
    at 50 lbs I plan on getting a new outfit and going out for the evening

ultimately for my final goal i want to be able to empty all the big clothes out of my closet donating them to our local charity and getting a whole new wardrobe. I plan on rewarding myself with every 10 lbs since each goal will be a milestone.
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I want to go skydiving. I have since I was a teenager and I was always too heavy.
  • bluedevil4ever
    bluedevil4ever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    New clothes! And new family pictures!
  • doziemom
    doziemom Posts: 13
    Options
    Since I have been my goal weight twice before , the store I most look forward to shopping in again is Victoia secrets! /and not for my hubby , though I am sure he would like whatever I buy, It's more for me. It is one of those store you don't want to spend too much money unless you really feel great in what you buy. I have not shopped there in adleast 5 years. But this year for my Birthday (december) I look forward to confidently walking into that store, grabbing my goal size and buying it! That is my reward to me. And it is not so much about the number on the tag, but the feeling of confidence. Because there is nothing worse to me than having to keep going up a size in underware! :blushing:

P.S. Sorry If this was TMI for anyone out there. That is the biggest motivation I thought of when I saw the topic!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    For starters :) I bought these shoes http://media.redcatsusa.com/is/image/avenue/mm/0324_72059_mm.jpg
    I plan on going to Calistoga hot springs for one reward
    And of course buying all new clothes that are not plus size, in other words "cute" clothes for a change :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Since I have been my goal weight twice before , the store I most look forward to shopping in again is Victoia secrets! /and not for my hubby , though I am sure he would like whatever I buy, It's more for me. It is one of those store you don't want to spend too much money unless you really feel great in what you buy. I have not shopped there in adleast 5 years. But this year for my Birthday (december) I look forward to confidently walking into that store, grabbing my goal size and buying it! That is my reward to me. And it is not so much about the number on the tag, but the feeling of confidence. Because there is nothing worse to me than having to keep going up a size in underware! :blushing:

P.S. Sorry If this was TMI for anyone out there. That is the biggest motivation I thought of when I saw the topic!

NEVER TOO Much info! I love it! That is what we are here for! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    I want to go skydiving. I have since I was a teenager and I was always too heavy.

AWESOME! ME TOO! SERIOUSLY! :D
  • renee_chan
    renee_chan Posts: 10
    Options
    I have not really thought about a reward. I suppose fitting into my old jeans will be reward enough!
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    Last year, I told myself if I lost weight I would buy myself a beach cruiser bike for my birthday this year. I didn`t lose the weight, but my family bought me my dream bike anyway. I LOVE MY BIKE!!! So now I am using it to help me lose the weight! :smile:

I will have to think about a new reward, maybe a weekend away and a new dress to wear to dinner. This time I will actually lose the weight though!

That's what I want! I want a bike---in a funky color! It is a beautiful day here and if I had a bike, I'd hop on and ride off! Could you take a picture of your bike? I would love, love a beach cruiser...in orange or yellow! Ha!
  • dnunny
    Options
    My reward would be getting off of blood pressure meds...the money I spend each month the RX I could use to buy clothes! ;):wink:
  • dnunny
    Options
    New clothes! And new family pictures!

This, too. Come to think of it, I dread, dread pictures. I cringe. There are so few pictures of me with my younger son. YES, I will want family photos.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i have about 10 lb to go and i am not sure what i want to do. the reward will be being at my goal weight. but maybe i will also buy some new clothes.
  • sageskye
    Options
    [That's what I want! I want a bike---in a funky color! It is a beautiful day here and if I had a bike, I'd hop on and ride off! Could you take a picture of your bike? I would love, love a beach cruiser...in orange or yellow! Ha!

I just love my new bike! I used to mountain bike, but my main companion is now my 6 year old daughter and we mostly ride on rails to trails like this... http://www.flickr.com/photos/earle/5654874670//

She is on a one speed bike so I thought it would be fun for me too, although the coaster style brakes took a bit of getting use to again :wink:

I love the bike with it big handle bars, it some how just makes me feel completely carefree! I really wanted a fun color too, mine is mint green... here is a link to a picture (I don't know how to post an actual picture!)
    http://www.vehibase.com/giant-simple-three-w/photo-2.htm
  • sageskye
    Options
    Oooh! Family pictures is a great idea! I am sad to say we haven't had any professional family photos taken yet as I have been embarrassed by my weight and knew I wouldn't want to display them or give them away. So when I get to goal weight I am going to hire a professional photographer to take some family pictures at the beach. I am so excited!!! It feels great to work toward a goal you really want :happy:
  • sageskye
    Options
    Yay! I finally figured out how to post pictures!!!! So here is a picture of my new bike...

giant-simple-three-w_1.jpg