Needing some motivation...

Options
HELP! :sad:

Hey guys. I know I've been pretty MIA since this group came together, and I am sorry. I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year, and while I was doing REALLY well and totally motivated, somewhere in there my train derailed a bit and I'd like nothing more than to get it back on track.

I havent gone totally off the deep end or anything (no McD's binging or other craziness), but I haven't been exercising. I havent been drinking my water (or anything for that matter). And I haven't been eating "correctly" at all... I have reminders in my phone to prompt me to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks throughout the day, but havent been sticking to them lately, so rather than grazing every 2 hours or so I've been eating larger meals fewer times a day. :embarassed:

I really want to get back on track and get back to making progress -I've just been so blah lately- so I was wondering, what keeps YOU motivated?

Replies

• bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a big guy, so the thing that keeps me motivated is the NSV. The number is important to, but when I find that one thing different excites me more. Such as squatting down to pet my dog and not sounding like I was giving birth when I was getting back up. Or the other day I noticed that my "moobs" were getting smaller. I was sitting at my desk at work groping myself. (I realized that I should probably stop doing that!) It's these things that keep me going.
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to go off-track. Life happens and you start skipping the gym and get lax about keeping your diet under control. I get those vibes every few weeks, and these are some of my motivators:

1. The sense of accomplishment I feel after each workout, knowing that I can eat a nice filling dinner because I earned it.
    2. Pictures from 5-6 years ago, when I was at my goal weight.
    3. Skinnier clothes. I recently went shopping and purposefully bought a couple of shirts that were a bit tight. It's going to feel really good when they start fitting.
    4. Being able to up my net calorie allowance once I reach my goal weight and switch to maintaining.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated?

1.I have found that I really love to go work out now!
    2.Buying new clothes!
    3. My friends wives commenting on how good I look now, and then looking at their husbands with shame/scorn in their eyes!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1 thing. diabetes. I had type II. Finding out I had it back in Dec. 2009 was the final straw to change my life around. On top of that I also had high bp, high cholesterol, was even on a beta blocker for my heart too for a few months when I first started. After I lost 100 I got rid of it all. I no longer take meds or anything else. I can easily get it again if I slack off and go back to my old habits so it's my motivation.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks guys!

It really is so easy to let things start slipping, but I really want to stick to it and see my progress. I was doing so well and I just need to buckle down and get my *kitten* in gear and just DO IT.

ETA: I really appreciate your honest answers, and commend you all on a job well done in your own journeys. You guys rock :)