3rd Babies

Options
heatherk11
heatherk11 Posts: 2 Member
Anyone notice their 3rd pregnancy to be very different than the first two? I also would love any fitness/ diet advice anyone has to offer. My 1st pregnancy I gained 65 pounds and then 60 with the 2nd. Since then I've become very involved in running and I find it very frustrating that I can't do as much as I used to, no more 10 mile runs! I have been trying to do what I can in the running department and tracking my food with MFP. I'm very nervous about gaining a ton of weight again.

Replies

• cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am about on par with my first two in regards to weight gain. I only gained about 20 lbs. The difference this time is that it has been 5 years since my last one and I am very aware of how hard it will be to lose the weight this time around. I started out 10 pounds heavier than I needed to be and am now trying hard to be accepting of the weight I need to gain.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    3rd pregnancy here. 1st I gained @60, 2nd wwas@ 45, I did more working out w 2nd but I was diagnosed w placenta previa aat16wks so I had to stop working out completely till 30wwks, with the 3rd im hoping ill get to workout the entire pregnancy, I also got into running but haven't done more then 10mins straightafter I found out I was pregnant, this pregnancy has been 100% different, I don't even feel pregnant, I'm in mmy2nd trimester now and soooo happy i haven't gained any weight yet, fingers crossed hoping to stay under 30lbs this time.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd pregnancy...in 3 years. :laugh: I gained about 25lbs with my previous 2 pregnancies, but I seem to be gaining more this time around (already up 17lbs at 20wks). I lost 26lbs once my second was born and then I found out I was pregnant again. My second is only 9mo and will be about 13.5mo when this baby comes so they will be very close in age.

I was more sick with this pregnancy early on, about 7wks until 17wks so I didn't really exercise and ate whatever I could keep down and I know that has affected my weight gain. I am trying to do more walking now and eating smaller, more frequent meals.
  • birdslikearms
    birdslikearms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is my 3rd and I feel all kinds of "not pregnant" or different symptoms. I told my DH today, "I don't feel very pregnant, expect when I'm having nausea or having back cramps". So I guess I am pregnant, just having a whole new experience this time around. I am way more active this time around than the other 2, so I'm not sure if that has a part in it. I'm also older, I had my last 5 years ago. I didn't have either symptom with my first 2, which I had very similar symptoms both times, one was a girl and the other was a boy.

As for weight gained, I gained 45lbs with both of my pregnancy but the weight slipped off without much fuss. My first, had a lot of fluid and her placenta was HUGE. Second, I don't remember much, but I was about a size 4 by the time he was 1 year, which was way smaller than I was before I was pregnant. I don't remember working out like I am now -- for me preggo fat is not my enemy. Being lazy is!

I am actually concerned I won't gain enough weight. I had 2 healthy babies delivered at home at gaining 45lbs. I kinda want to gain that much again, just because I have seen the result. I didn't track my exercise, food intake, or weight the last pregnancies. I don't want to micromanage everything anymore, but I've gotten so used to it when I was trying to loose weight.

So far I am only at 5weeks 3 days and didn't gain a pound yet.
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3rd baby for me too! So far I don't really feel pregnant (only 6 weeks so far). I remember my boobs were a lot more sore and tender with the first two, but I am still breastfeeding my 2yr old once a day so I think that since I'm still producing milk it's helping with the soreness. Hoping to keep the weight gain low with this one, gained 21lbs with the 1st and 16.5lbs with the second...I wasn't this little while them though so hopefully that doesn't count against me! Congrats and lucky #3 and good luck to us all!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    3rd baby for me too, been an emotional rollercoaster since finding out on Sunday ... can we afford this? What will happen to my lovely job share position? How will I find time for the other two? Then I went out for a run on Monday, and when I got home I had spotting, that changed my perspective A LOT and QUICKLY! Midwife has said no running for now, mainly for my own piece of mind, she didn't think the running would be bad really, but thought if I did miscarry I would feel better knowing that I hadn't been running ... anyway, no spotting since then, so fingers crossed! I feel pregnant, feeling continually nauseous and tired.

I gained 40lb with my first and managed to lose 22lb before getting pregnant with my second and gaining 26lb ... which is approximately what I've lost ...
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm carrying number 3 (if you don't count a miscarriage at 13 weeks between the first two), however I have no idea what to expect this time around. #1 was a very easy, straight-forward pregnancy/delivery and I gained 30 pounds. Lost 25 of that before #2 came along and gave me severe nausea that had to be medicated - gained 30 pounds. AND NEVER LOST IT... In fact, I had gained 15 pounds before I started MFP. So, coincidentally, the day I found out this Little Bean was cooking, I was back down those 15 pounds to put me at the same weight I delivered #2. (And I was SO looking forward to getting under that number!)

The biggest differences this pregnancy will be: I've gotten into a habit of exercising, whereas I NEVER exercised before; I've gotten into the habit of eating so much better than I have in my entire life, including giving up soda completely; and the biggie, IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE MY LAST PREGNANCY and I just crossed over into "advanced maternal age" zone a couple weeks ago.

Kind of wondering what my body will do this time around...
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    I'm carrying number 3 (if you don't count a miscarriage at 13 weeks between the first two), however I have no idea what to expect this time around. #1 was a very easy, straight-forward pregnancy/delivery and I gained 30 pounds. Lost 25 of that before #2 came along and gave me severe nausea that had to be medicated - gained 30 pounds. AND NEVER LOST IT... In fact, I had gained 15 pounds before I started MFP. So, coincidentally, the day I found out this Little Bean was cooking, I was back down those 15 pounds to put me at the same weight I delivered #2. (And I was SO looking forward to getting under that number!)

The biggest differences this pregnancy will be: I've gotten into a habit of exercising, whereas I NEVER exercised before; I've gotten into the habit of eating so much better than I have in my entire life, including giving up soda completely; and the biggie, IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE MY LAST PREGNANCY and I just crossed over into "advanced maternal age" zone a couple weeks ago.

Kind of wondering what my body will do this time around...
    I am considered AMA, too. My mom keeps cracking jokes about bringing a walker to the hospital for me. Did you do all of the screens yet?
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am considered AMA, too. My mom keeps cracking jokes about bringing a walker to the hospital for me. Did you do all of the screens yet?

Oh, your mother! I'll bet she's enjoying herself! No, I haven't done any screens - don't know if I will. If I do, it will only be for things that can be detected by a blood sample. How 'bout you - do you plan to do the testing?
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    I did the first screen. Blood test plus an US. My numbers were comparable to a 20 year old person. I won't lie, it was a relief. Yeah, my mom is enjoying it. She had me in high school, so I was in college by the time she was my age. This is it for me, though. Getting my tubes tied whilst having my c section.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    3rd one for me and AMA too (will be 44 when baby comes) - 10 years since last pregnancy.

Gained 15 lbs with previous two (though I started at about 220lbs and am 5' 2.5" - didn't exercise at all and ate whatever I wanted, although I've never been a fan of junk/processed food or soda - I just really like to cook tasty food)

Fast forward 10 years and 55 lbs lighter - I am not sure at all what to expect this time around!

No nausea yet (6 wks), but didn't really have any during the last two. Tired, but morning workouts and a power nap around dinner time seems to help. I get up at 5am every day - so of course I'm in bed by 9! I've also noticed that my muscle soreness after workouts seems to take longer to dissipate - anyone else notice this? The only thing that makes it feel better is to lift again - but then I'm back in the same boat 36 hours later - it's turning into a vicious cycle!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I gained 50lbs with my 1st, 35lbs with my second, and currently 22lbs @ 32 weeks with my 3rd. Midwife has advised me not to gain over 30 lbs, so we will see. I am definitely more active than I ever was with the past 2, so I'm hoping that will help me with a speedy recovery.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Also my 3rd pregnancy. I have a nearly 3yr old girl, a 17month old girl and im due in less then 6 weeks with another girl lol..... the only difference ive notcied this time is extra aches and pains. Not sure what weight gain was like with the other 2 but with this one im up 39lbs at 34 weeks, eeeek. I havent been able to exercise much as i suffer from Hashimotos (hypothyroid) so just dont have the energy to exercise on top of looking after my two girls. x
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having more pains and aches 3rd time around???? I can't believe how much physical pain I have wtih this pregnancy. It's been a very very easy pregnancy up until 4-5weeks ago. Am 27 weeks. My lower joint in my back is messed up and it hurts to walk almost 90% of the time. I just try to ignore it as much as I can. am seeing a chiro for it so I'm hoping it gets better. My inner thighs feel like i've been doing squats non stop. I can' barely turn over on my side at night my legs hurt sooo bad when i move them. It's sad because I'll be 24 next week and i feel like an old gramma. Feel like ive run over. Glad I'm doing this now, can't imagine how much harder it'd be on my body if i was older.
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    I am in more pain this time. My back is killing me! I think the problem for me is that with my first two I worked full time at a very physical job. Lots of walking, bending and lifting. I was in good shape when I started out this time but after months of morning sickness and exhaustion I am not there anymore. I spend a lot of time on the heating pad.