Low Carb, question about fruit

Options
Hi All,

Looking for responses from PCOS women who have experienced weight loss doing a low carb lifestyle.

Did you cut out fruit? It seems a bit drastic to me. I like fruit (in moderation 3-4 servings a day), and think it's probably fairly important for a healthy diet.

Thanks.

Sara

Replies

• Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    this is completely non-medical advice ... but to me it seems that fruit would be heathly form of sugar and carbs and easy for the body to process compared to ...uknow... candy and white bread.

I think you should continue choosing fruit over those non-healthy items.
  • lmustoe
    lmustoe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree, fruit is a natural food. The one thing I live by is live food is best. If its natural its ok. But do keep in mind which fruits are higher in carbs and watch those. Although I am a runner so I eat a banana a day to keep the charlie horses away and they are high in carbs lol.
  • ANUFABME1920
    Options
    I was advised from a PCOS nutritionist to keep my fruit to no more than 2 a day the approved fruits were strawberries, apples, berries(blue, rasp,black), orange every other day. She also recommended having the fruit with breakfast and lunch not dinner and with a protein if you use fruit as a snack.
    Hope this helps..
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I was advised from a PCOS nutritionist to keep my fruit to no more than 2 a day the approved fruits were strawberries, apples, berries(blue, rasp,black), orange every other day. She also recommended having the fruit with breakfast and lunch not dinner and with a protein if you use fruit as a snack.
    Hope this helps..

This... My dr. Also said to limit types of fruit. He said sugar is sugar, your body doesn't differentiate. He said to always eat with a protein and stick to lower sugar/higher fiber fruits such as berries. For example a banana has something crazy like 40 carbs from sugar but they do pack a lot of nutrition. A cup of strawberries 11 with 4 g of fiber. I have berries, yogurt, and almonds for breakfast a lot!! I am only allowed 50 net carbs so a banana or orange pretty much does me in.