breakfast?

Options
I know how important breakfast is as a good healthy start to the day. BUT I just can't seem to do it most days, because if I eat early, I get really nauseated, and then I feel like crud for the rest of the day. I usually eat my first meal a couple hours after I get up. What's your breakfast routine?

Replies

• magnoliafly
    Options
    I'm horrible about eating breakfast. What I've been forcing myself to do is to eat a cup of greek yogurt. I like the Voskos Blueberry with Granola. 140 calories and it is within my carb limits for the day, plus it has lots of protein so I feel full. Today I had some oatmeal leftover from dinner last night for breakfast/lunch.

On the weekends I have a few scrambled eggs or fried egg whites and some sort of breakfast meat with a glass of skim milk.

Breakfast is the hardest thing for me to remember to do.
  • daisythequilter
    Options
    I tried some Chobani, and eww... didn't like it at all. It was so tangy. That's the only Greek yogurt I've tried so far. I'm going to try some others just to make sure, but I wasn't impressed.
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    I tried some Chobani, and eww... didn't like it at all. It was so tangy. That's the only Greek yogurt I've tried so far. I'm going to try some others just to make sure, but I wasn't impressed.

The Voskos isn't that bad. Blueberry and strawberry were both good. DO NOT get the honey kind that was totally gross.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    How about a smoothie. I had one this morning. Put in blender, fruit serving, greek yogurt, some kale and ice and water. Was able to sip it and enjoy it . I, also, am not a breakfast person but it is impt. to fuel yourself consistently. I still feel full and it is almost 1 o'clock.
    You can go to search and ask for breakfast ideas. I , also, wait for Luna bars to go on sale and stock up. They are portable, filling and no prep.
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Most days breakfast is peanut butter on a slice of bread. I usually have been up a couple of hours by then. I was never a breakfast eater before, but I have trained myself to eat it. Start out with smaller amounts till you get your system used to it.
  • reetle1
    reetle1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Most mornings I have 3/4 c. Kasha Heart to Heart cereal, with 1/2 c. almond milk, and a sliced banana. Coffee, black with Stevia drops.
    I love breaksfast, I could eat breakfast food morning noon and night. Especially, going OUT for breakfast!
  • gfcsailor
    gfcsailor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast every day because I take diabetes meds that make me VERY sick if I don't eat before taking them. Hard way to learn to eat breakfast (getting diabetes). I usually just have a bowl of cheerios and cup of skim milk. Except on the weekends when I get all messed up 'cause I might sleep in a little and then my glucose level is raised - my body needs to eat every day at the exact same time and I need to take my meds at the same time.
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    Most mornings I have 3/4 c. Kasha Heart to Heart cereal, with 1/2 c. almond milk, and a sliced banana. Coffee, black with Stevia drops.
    I love breaksfast, I could eat breakfast food morning noon and night. Especially, going OUT for breakfast!

What's almond milk taste like? Is it good?
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    I do not have a hard time eating breakfast. Usually half an hour to an hour after I wake up I eat my breakfast. I buy the eggs that are all ready hard boiled for the grocery store.

1 hard boiled egg
    1 stick of reduced fat cheese
    a piece of fruit (today I had a banana
  • momkoz
    momkoz Posts: 6
    Options
    Every morning, I have a bowl of kashi go lean cereal. If I have a banana, i cut that up. Then use soy milk. I get the soy milk at sam's so it's the vanilla one. I also try to get other whole grain cereals with real fruit in it, along with nuts. As long as you have whole grains, fruits and nuts, along with soy milk, you are good to go.

/soapbox if you are diabetic, like me, going as vegan as you can, will give the best results. Also, breakfast is the "load up meal", the most important meal of the day. Load up in the morning, eat lighter as the day goes on. end /soapbox.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I don't eat until I'm hungry. Sometimes that's right when I get up, usually it's a few hours later. I'm doing low carb, so if I don't feel like eggs I tend to eat leftovers from dinner the night before. If you don't want to eat when you wake up, don't. I find that smoothies or protein shakes are also easy to get down.