It's official...

Options
trout3063
trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
I've signed up for my first half marathon...and I optimistically say first...'as if' there might ever be a second? I guess we'll see! A year ago I would have never run a mile let alone 13+. See what changes happen in a year?

Now I 'get' to keep training after the hood to coast relay so that I'm prepared to run this baby...I've got a goal in mind to run it in under two hours, 15 minutes....

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    You can do it just stick to your training program.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've signed up for one in the fall - it won't be my first Half, but it's been a few years. It's a nice distance to do!
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    When's your half? My running club just started training for our next one. There will be a second one and a third and a ......:smile: They're addicting.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love the half marathon distance. Enjoy the process!
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    my half is in October....
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    My Half is in October too buddy! And it's my first one too! I'm excited for you :)
  • nicescent
    nicescent Posts: 44
    Options
    Congratulations. There will be others don't worry. My wife did her first half 4 years ago. She has now completed 7 marathons and is planning to run one in each of the 50 States.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Awesome! and good luck! You will do great, I am sure, just proper training and work up to it. I bet it will be your first, but not your last!! :-)