Motivators...What are your Top 5?

Options
AngelEyez1967
AngelEyez1967 Posts: 20 Member
What are the top five (5) things that keep you motivated and excited about getting fit?

Replies

• AngelEyez1967
    AngelEyez1967 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1) My top motivator is hearing about so many people my age dying...be it friends, acquaintances or celebrities.
    2) Not being able to fit into my clothes. I have a TON of clothes with TAGS STILL ON THEM that I am DETERMINED to get into!!!
    3) Activities. I love sports and dancing....can't play sports or dance too long if you're out of shape!
    4) Vanity...I'm not really a vain person but I like to LOOK GOOD and feel PRETTY...what woman don't?
    5) FOOD...I LOVE TO EAT so in order to eat what I want, I MUST WORKOUT!
  • MSEVELEE
    MSEVELEE Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1) My top motivator now is the fact that I have so much energy when I work out.

2)Since I've joined my gym in the last 10 days, I have lost 6 pounds and I don't know how many inches.

3) My hubby is out of town and I know that when he comes home in 2 weeks, he will be so impressed with the progress that I have made.

4) My daughter joined the gym with me and I look forward to showing her that if her old lazy Mama can lose 50 plus pounds, she can easily lose 15.

5) My Biggest Motivation is the joy that I have when I wake up every morning, hit that scale, look in my mirror with my clothes off and smile because I see the progress that I have done. That alone makes me feel good every morning.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Hi

Great idea for a group although there is already a 40s group but it seems a bit quiet so thought I'd join this one.

My motivators:
    1) To develop the body of a 20 year old. So far, so good.
    2) To look better than the average 40 year old. Very vain but hey ho.
    3) To be fitter than I've ever been.
    4) To be stronger than ever. Pretty much got that nailed. At 20, I couldn't do a single pull up. Now I can do several clap pull ups. :-D
    5) To understand the human body better on a practical level.
  • Christine3571
    Options
    My top 5 motivators?
    1) My kids--they are 3 and 1.5, and I want to be better able to keep up with them.
    2) I want to have less pain in my knees/joints.
    3) I want more energy and to feel full of life.
    4) I want to let go of the "fat girl" identity.
    5) Aging--I worry that soon my unhealthy lifestyle is going to catch up to me!
  • SenaFox43
    SenaFox43 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi... :)

My top 5 motivators:
    1. Feel healthy and energtic
    2. Lead by example for my family to make healthy choices
    3. Better sleep quality
    4. Age gracefully
    5. My family has a bad health history with HBlood Pressure, Cholesterol, Diabetes, Cancer - so I'm going to do everything I can to prevent going down the same road.
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1. Overall health
    2. To look good naked
    3. See future grans and be able to play with them
    4. Be an example to my children
    5. Because I deserve it, this is the best gift I can give myself.