Any one on a low carb plan?

Options
Are there any low carb devotees in the uk? Im finding it really lonely that I'm the only one out of my group of friends doing this plan.

Replies

• solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    I am on low carbs!
  • mariaj1979
    mariaj1979 Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome! Can I add you?
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ive had people who have read my Food Diary ask me if I am on a low carb plan...I guess I am without really knowing it! I am happy to say I am at goal weight now and feel I'm in the best shape of my life!! As for carbs, I eat oatmeal most mornings and fruit. I eat some brown rice and also some rye crackers or rye bread other than that I stay clear of sugar (but have fruit) and don't eat most crappy processed foods which usually includes all those empty carbs!! I definitely DON'T believe in NO carbs as I love to work out and my body needs the fuel!! Good luck and add me if you like!!! :0)
  • mariaj1979
    mariaj1979 Posts: 31
    Options
    Ive had people who have read my Food Diary ask me if I am on a low carb plan...I guess I am without really knowing it! I am happy to say I am at goal weight now and feel I'm in the best shape of my life!! As for carbs, I eat oatmeal most mornings and fruit. I eat some brown rice and also some rye crackers or rye bread other than that I stay clear of sugar (but have fruit) and don't eat most crappy processed foods which usually includes all those empty carbs!! I definitely DON'T believe in NO carbs as I love to work out and my body needs the fuel!! Good luck and add me if you like!!! :0)

I have just added you. I have the same ideology as you on the low carbs and I love to work out too. Since you are at goal maybe you can give me pointers to maintain when I get to goal and we can share ideas :D
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm Paleo and it ends up being between 50-100 carbs a day which most people seem to think is low. My diary will be open soon I'm just closing it while I'm recovering from illness.
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm doing Charles Clark so trying to stay under 60g a day. He allows one slice of good wholemeal bread a day so that's a relief. It's quite flexible so feels like it will be easier to stick to.
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only carbs I tend to eat are cereal if I have it and fruit, I stay away from Bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. Feel free to friend request or take a peek at my diary!
  • treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me - am now primal/paleo
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    James Duigan's clean and lean diet is awesome. Low carbs moderate fats and high protein and he has some pretty amazing recipes on his website
    www.bodyism.com