Met A Guy At A Wedding..

rosie5656
rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
So I met a guy at my friend's wedding on Saturday, and we exchanged numbers. As with most weddings, we were pretty intoxicated at the end of the night. First, we were texting and he thought he had gotten my friends number (said he was really hoping to get the girl who he was talking tos number, the one with brown hair and with the black dress and the nintendo controller phone cover and if I would give it to him.) When I explained that was me, he explained that he got our names flipped.. that I could understand (he met a bunch of people that night and there was alcohol involved) We have been texting since, and are going out tonight, but he just texted me about him going out last night and being "**** blocked" by one of his friends.. not really something you should be saying to someone your about to go on a date with right?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    So I met a guy at my friend's wedding on Saturday, and we exchanged numbers. As with most weddings, we were pretty intoxicated at the end of the night. First, we were texting and he thought he had gotten my friends number (said he was really hoping to get the girl who he was talking tos number, the one with brown hair and with the black dress and the nintendo controller phone cover and if I would give it to him.) When I explained that was me, he explained that he got our names flipped.. that I could understand (he met a bunch of people that night and there was alcohol involved) We have been texting since, and are going out tonight, but he just texted me about him going out last night and being "**** blocked" by one of his friends.. not really something you should be saying to someone your about to go on a date with right?

Probably wasn't something I'd say, but, you're just going on a first date. it's not exclusive.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Yeah that wasnt really a smart thing to say?!?!? Not sure what to tell you except maybe dont c*** block him?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Yeah that wasnt really a smart thing to say?!?!? Not sure what to tell you except maybe dont c*** block him?

I laughed.

I wouldn't think too much, but I also wouldn't invest too much into him unless he shows you that you're the only one.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I'm just impressed you have a Nintendo phone cover!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    sorry, I have no idea what starstarstarstarblock means??? :huh:

Even if I knew what the stars were I probably never heard the term (Americanism)?

Anyone care to expand? :bigsmile:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    One of his guy friends blocked a chance to hook up with a chick by being obnoxious or saying/doing something stupid. Hence c*ck blocking him.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    I can joke around with guy friends about something like that, but I wouldn't expect one of them to say it to a woman they wanted to date (at least not initially). So my initial reaction is that he's throwing sex out there early to see your response for a possible hookup OR he sees you as one of the guys....but that's just my initial reaction. Maybe he just doesn't have a filter, haha....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    One of his guy friends blocked a chance to hook up with a chick by being obnoxious or saying/doing something stupid. Hence c*ck blocking him.

Thanks Dave :flowerforyou:

OP - No, that would/might indicate he's friend zoned you!! ?? Or perhaps that he's not interested in anything serious?? A FWB maybe?? I'm sure he shouldnt be talking about other women to you!! Unless he's an idiot?? :huh:

Alarm bell!!
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    sorry, I have no idea what starstarstarstarblock means??? :huh:

Even if I knew what the stars were I probably never heard the term (Americanism)?

Anyone care to expand? :bigsmile:

:laugh:

C0CK-a-doodle-doo!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056

Alarm bell!!

YES
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Yes serious alarm bells.. he then went on to explain how his friend "blocked" him and it involved her grabbing parts of the anatomy that I would never touch in public!! I am suddenly very busy and going to have to work late tonight.. Oh well, he was fun to talk to at the wedding!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member

Thanks Dave :flowerforyou:

OP - No, that would/might indicate he's friend zoned you!! ?? Or perhaps that he's not interested in anything serious?? A FWB maybe?? I'm sure he shouldnt be talking about other women to you!! Unless he's an idiot?? :huh:

Alarm bell!!

Yep.. maybe he got the impression from you at the wedding that you were only interested in sex. If you actually liked him and wanted to go on a real date to see if it would lead to a relationship, then this would be a bad sign to me, lol.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Yes serious alarm bells.. he then went on to explain how his friend "blocked" him and it involved her grabbing parts of the anatomy that I would never touch in public!! I am suddenly very busy and going to have to work late tonight.. Oh well, he was fun to talk to at the wedding!

good idea.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member

good idea.

Yeah I gotta agree here... I may be a little more "free spirited" then some of the other ladies on herre but even I would handle this very well. I might suddenly develop a cold or the plague or something